Monday, June 12, 2006

I just got into work from a dental appointment I had this morning. I haven't acctually been to the dentist since 2004. It isn't because I was avoiding it, really, but the last appointment I had got cancelled and I just never got the chance to reschedule. I wish I hadn't waited so long to go Because I truly hate going to the dentist when they have to clean for a long time. I hate anything where someone is hanging over me and messing with my face. Steve had gone for his cleaning last time and just couldn't say enough good stuff about the new dental assistant. He told me she didn't hurt him and was just as friendly as can be! Well, she was friendly all right, but he LIED about the not hurting part. Granted, it may have hurt so much because I'm not the most consistant flosser or something like that, but I'm pretty sure she used that pointy metal thing to jab directly into my brain stem! I'm not kidding you, I felt as if she must have been having a bad day or something. Just when I thought she was done, she grabbed a length of dental floss and just attacked my teeth with it. It hurt so badly, that in the nonsensical way your brain jabbers when you are in pain or scared, I actually came to a point where I almost yelled out "I'M SORRY! I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOUR HUSBAND, I SWEAR!" I would have even admitted to the Kennedy assasination had she not picked that time to stop flossing. Geez, I felt like I tried to eat a hill of fire ants. Then of course, they started really pushing the ZOOM! teeth whitening thing that they do. I'm not adverse to having my teeth whitened, but good grief, you'd think my teeth looked like indian corn or something the way they were selling it to me. I told them I'd talk to Steve about it. They didn't seem too excited about having to wait. It's possible that the sight of anything other than literally pearly white teeth offends them to no end...who knows? I'm just glad that I don't have to go back (barring any dental incidents, of course) until December.

and now it's time for my WEEKEND UPDATE!

Actually, this will encompass a little more than my weekend because I want to talk about the week I was alone while Steve was traveling. I have never spend more than just a couple of nights alone in my life. I never had the pleasure of living on my own, so a whole week of having any place to myself was a new expirence. Even though I knew I would miss Steve, I was a little excited! However, I found out in the course of the week that I am the single lamest person that God ever created. I'm not saying being alone was horrible (I mean, I got lonely as time went on and everything,of course) but I didn't do one truly interesting thing the whole time. I would come home, eat dinner and listen to the TV while I crocheted. If I wasn't doing that, I was on my computer playing games. Oh, every once in a while I would go to Target or clean and on Thursday I had dinner with my mom, but other than that I was just a homebody. I even enjoyed not having to do stuff some of the time! However, I wanted to do something interesting and I just couldn't think of anything. Oh well, I suppose not everyone has a very exciting life. :)

One night before I fell asleep, I was thinking about all of my friends who are on, who are going, or who just got back from vacations. Belize (I had no idea where that was until Friday!), Jamaica, and etc. I have friends beach hopping all around me, and I was envious! So I decided that since I couldn't actually be at the beach, I'd do the next best thing! I popped in one of those ambient sound CDs that is the sound of waves crashing on the beach and left it on when I went to sleep. I figured that maybe I could dream of being there if nothing else. To my knowledge, I didn't dream about being at the beach, but when I woke up that next morning the CD scared me to death! As I've mentioned, I usually have a breif stop-over in crazy town between being asleep and waking up fully. That morning I woke up to the sound of water. I thought to myself, "Oh, Steve's in the shower already...WAIT! STEVE'S NOT EVEN HERE! WHO IS IN THE SHOWER?!" In my muddled state, it made perfect sense for someone to have broken into the house, made their way to the master bathroom and jumped into the shower. I swear, I don't know how long I lay there trying to gather up the courage to call the police before I fully woke up and realized what the sound actually was. :( Needless to say I didn't leave that sound on after that!

FRIDAY rolled around and when I woke up, I felt horribly blah. I hardly had the energy to roll out of bed, and the thought of moving from that spot was more than I could handle. I also felt like my skin was on fire because it itched so bad and when I looked into a mirror, my face was covered with some kind of weird rash. I could only surmise that I was having some kind of allergic reaction to something, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was. I called into work and spent the day trying to figure out what happened to me. I finally narrowed it down to two things: 1)Cherries. I have been eating an unusual amount of fresh cherries every day. I love them! I can only hope that I'm not allergic to them because I would miss the horribly! 2) One night when I was being such a party animal, I vacuumed the floor and when I tried to empty the container I realized that the vacuum was clogged with dog hair. I had to reach in and unclog it and immediately my hand started to burn and itch. I washed my hands a couple of times after that, of course, and the itching went away after a while. Either way, I wasn't in the best state of affairs! Well, this went on Saturday and Sunday as well. I didn't feel well, I itched, and my face still looks like I just hit puberty for a second time! I only left the house a couple of times to get some stuff I needed, but the rest of the time I just sat on the couch! I felt like Jack Nicholson in The Shining, cabin fever was setting in! By Sunday night I was feeling much better even if the rash wasn't gone. Steve had called earlier to tell me when to meet him at the airport and to kill time I watched the DVD of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I had forgotten what a good movie that was. Tim Burton is weird, but I love his style. On the DVD extras, there is a dance instruction video where Deep Roy, the Oompa-Loompa, shows you how to do the steps to the dances he does in the movie, so I spent the last little bit of time before I picked Steve up learning how to dance like an Oompa-Loompa.

I did mention that I'm the lamest person alive, right? :)

Well, now Steve is home and everything, except for my face, is back the way it should be and all is pretty much right with the world.

No comments: