Friday, June 23, 2006

Do you want to know how to most completely confuse me? Rearrange my Wal-Mart! I know it's been a while since I'd been into the University Dr. one, but good Lord. I was halfway into the store before I was really paying attention, but as soon as I did look around, it was as if I were on another planet! I stood there for a moment like I thought little purple ferrets were going to leap from the shelves and start talking to me, but I finally (sort of) got my bearings. It's like I am a lab rat and they moved my cheese!

Last night we went to see Steve's dad so that Steve could help him bring home a new matress for his guest room. We went to dinner afterwards. I'll go ahead and say, it's a really good thing I love Steve's grandma. I know she's part of another generation and her upbringing was totally different that my own, but I have never known anyone to say some of the things she does in public! We were stitting there waiting on our food when out of nowhere she says (talking about VBS) "We had a bunch of little black children come in, and they were just so polite!" She said it as if she were surprised, as if most small black children that she has encountered have had horns and made it a practice of gnawing on her ankles. I didn't know what to say! I mean, it wasn't as if she had made a blatent racist remark, since I don't think Grandma would ever do such a thing and mean it, but it was certainly uncalled for. It was even worse when I looked over to see the black gentleman in the next table looking as if he were trying to decide whether or not he was going to laugh or get upset. I just smiled and quickly joined into Steve and Mr. Lee's conversation. When in doubt, I just ignore that crazy old woman! ;) Heeheeehee

I'm getting a little bit better at sewing, but I still haven't quite got the hang of it. The pattern has step by step instructions, but since each package encompasses several different patterns, they are hard to follow because they veer off into tangents about other things you aren't working on. If my top doesn't immediately fall apart when I try it on, I'm afraid that I'm just going to end up looking homeless. Oh, well....WITH PRIDE I WILL WEAR IT!

Speaking of clothes, I am not a very good housekeeper. First off, I've lost a load of laundry. I can't find it anywhere. I am not in a habit of taking our laundry on long drives in the country to let them run around in a meadow or anything like that, so I know they have to be in the house somewhere, I just don't know where! I suppose that also tells you the state of my house. Also, I put in a load of laundry to wash last night. No biggie, just thought I'd let it wash last night and chuck it into thedryer this morning for lovely, clean, freash smelling clothes. Not so much. Apparently my attention was diverted after dumping the laundry into the washing machine and I forgot to close the lid. Just in case your curious, the washing cycle will go just until "spin" with the lid off. Then it will sit there with your clothes in a pool of sudsy, dirty water until someone shuts the lid. Sometimes, that can be hours and hours. Just FYI.

No comments: