Thursday, June 22, 2006

Yesterday I went to Hobby Lobby (big surprise) and I bought a pattern and some material. I am going to try another attempt to learn to sew! Of course, one of the first things I did was cut a piece of the top I'm attempting to make in half, but we are going to count that as a learning expirence!

It galls me that I have never learned to sew. I honestly never thought that I would want to. This is one of the reasons I chose FFA over FHA...sewing seemed so tragically DOMESTIC! Back when I still had dreams and goals, sewing never seemed to fit in to anything I wanted to do. :) Of course, now I realize that sewing can be a great thing when you have a great idea for a top or dress or something and can't find it anywhere, or the thing you want is clearly only made up to the size to fit a drinking straw. Ergo, I am attempting again to learn to sew. So far, I'm not so good at it. How can it be so different from anything else I've ever learned to do? I can draw, paint, sculpt, build, cook (fires nonwithstanding), and any number of other crafty things, why can't I figure out how to do this too? Oy. Well, I'm working on it and I've decided that whatever this top comes out looking like, I'm going to wear it proudly! Proudly, I say! Well, maybe not in public but the dogs and Steve will definately see it!

GO ME! *spirit fingers*

Jack of all trades and master of none...

No comments: