Sunday, June 25, 2006

This is an early posted WEEKEND UPDATE!

I am currently at home and decided that I could go ahead and do my weekend update! I'll explain why in a second.

Friday was a lot of fun! After work, Steve and I met with our buddies (Shannon, Greg, Josh & Anthony) and we all had dinner together. It's been a long time since we had all gotten together and I don't think I have laughed that much an weeks. We had dinner at Chili's (which I'm not terribly fond of because it seems to me that they don't have appropriate table and chair room for grown up people. It's like everyone needs to be tiny if you want to eat more than two to a table...and the food isn't spectaular. But as the saying goes, better a supper of herbs with friends than a stalled ox alone.) Wow, that was a long parenthetical statement. Anywho... afterwards we went to Barnes & Noble to kill some time. I love going to bookstores. There is something exciting about being around so many books. There is the promise of so many adventures and ideas around you while you're there. You just have to reach out and grab them! I bought a journal, a bottle of ink (for my fountain pen) and a book called "Well, Duh" which is a book of funny and weird facts about humanity through the ages. Probably not the most intellectual of books, but it's been good for a few laughs this weekend. When we left the bookstore, we went to Coldstone! I love ice cream. I think I've said that a few times on here before! Steve doesn't like it because of it's texture, but I still make him go with me sometimes. I don't like to eat ice cream alone! After that it was still early, but we all went home because some of them had to work at the IMAX the next day.

Saturday I woke up and started writing in my new journal. I hope that no one reads it while I'm still alive. It would be embarrasing. I have realized very recently that people don't like me as much when they find out I have more than one emotion. I scare people when I cry or am sad! Not a scared scared, but a "Dear God, she's a real person" kind of scare. THey just tell me to get over it...but that's okay. I'll just be sad in my book and not bother them with problmes. I'd rather have my friends be my friends than have them avoid me! They don't get around me again until they think I am not going to do anything but laugh. Marcia Brady, that's me! Anyways, I used me fountain pen, but I've realized that fountain pens are not fun to write with if you have a lot to say. I'll just save it for signing wedding and baby cards and drawing. My ink is Bleu Nacre which I think means pearly blue in French. Josh said so and he should know because he knows French! Yay! Anyways, I was going to go to the Botanical Gardens and take pictures, but I had too much to do at home. Our house is gross and I've gotten overwhelmed at the prospect of actually cleaning it. We have too much stuff! There is no place to put it all. I think I'm just going to have to burn the house down and start all over! Anyways, for hours and hours I did laundry and cleaned dishes and stuff. I am going to have to shave the dogs so that they quit shedding on my floor. They would be embarrassed though. Cleatus and Kay Bob would laugh at them. :) Steve had planned on ggoing to see a concert at UAH with Anthony and I still wasn't done cleaning, so I stayed home and did that. I did something really stupid when taking a break, though. I super glued my hand to my foot. I was trying to put on fake nails and somehow I glued my hand to my foot. I had to use manacure scissors and nail polish remover to get loose. Go ahead, you can laugh at me if you want to. It was a stupid thing to do. :) I had almost forgotten that we were having a pot luck thing at church for the World Changers after morning service, so I also had to bake cupcakes and cut up fruit to take.

Sunday, which is today, I got to church and started getting the stuff ready for the pot luck lunch. People brought all kinds of food, because Baptists llove to eat! We had so much food and all kinds of people were there. I really like working in the kitchen at church. I really miss Rhonda being there with us because she always made us laugh. She was on the kitchen committee too. This is the first time I've been back at a cooking thing since she died. It was kind of hard, but it made me think of good memories, so it was fine. When I got home, my feet were hurting so bad from running around this morning, so I lay down with my new book and then fell asleep. I kept having strange dreams. I woke up a little later with a headace. I kept thinking that it would go away, but it just got worse. It was soon one of thoise migraines that make me get sick to my stomach and I couldn't do anything to make it stop. I took some excedrine, but it didn't help. It got so bad that I started to cry, which has never happened before! I finally made the executive decision to take half of one of the pain pills that we had that used to be Miss Rhondas. I borrowed a pill bottle from Mr. Lee and it still had a couple of big blue pills in them. They always helped her back, so I figured that they would help my head. I took half and an hour later my head still had little sparks of pain over my eye and I still felt kind of sick, so I took the other half. Now my headache is gone, but I'm on the verge of being completely whacked out of my head. I feel like I'm sitting in someone elses body controlling the hands by remote control. Now I understand why she got into an elevator when we were in California and said "WHEE!" whenever we went down a floor! I don't think I'd want to feel like this every day, thoiuogh. I can't understand why people would want to take these pills for funzzies. Anyways, that's why I'm home instead of at church tonight. I kind of figured that I'd make an ass of myself if I were to go out after taking this medicine. I think I have lost the ability to have an inner monolouge, and since we aren't a charasmatic Baptist church, they probably wouldn't appreciate my comments!

Well, that's about it. I've had to go back and respell a lot of words becuse my hands aren't working that well. I think a certain friend of mine would get a kick out of this entry, but I don't know if he reads this blog anymore. Oh well, I think I' need to go lie down for a while. Well, I don't know if I want to lie down, byt I think I might anyways. I hope everyone has a wonderfil week. I hope I do to!

My hadnds are cold! : )

No comments: