Sunday, January 13, 2008

I think I've broken myself.

I woke up this morning (dun da da dun--blues riff, you know) and apparently I was doing back flips in my sleep or something because my neck and back were hurting. But I'm tough, right? So I got up and went to church and did a lot of stretching and twisting to try and get the kinks out.

After morning services, Steve had invited me to go bowling along with his Sunday school class, which I did. I suck at bowling to a degree that can't be measured by any earthly scale, but I decided that maybe if I bowled, I might finally stretch out whatever muscles in my back that had decided to clinch. Not only did I come in last (out of 12 people...I mean, that's just embarrassing) but I apparently further strained whatever was going on in my back because when I got home and lay down, it hurt too much to get back up again. BOO! I was able to get up after a while and I was getting ready to go to church again that night, but the longer I stood up or sat up, the worse it started to hurt. So I stayed home and tried not to move too much. I'm sure whatever it is will work itself out, or it had better (mainly because I'm scared to death of chiropractors) but for now I have to walk slightly hunched over with my upper half completely still. It's so attractive. :) Getting old sucks!

1 comment:

Kenny said...

See if Steve can find a knot of muscle somewhere. Perhaps it is simple a muscle that is spasmed and just needs a little massaging or warmth.