Thursday, January 10, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Oy, vey. I'm tired and sore and I have no idea what I did to cause either problem. I want to sleep! I told my mom about this and she just gave me a lecture on how sleeping all of the time is bad for you (I'm not actually sleeping all of the time, BTW, I just want to) and how I'll never lose weight or get any energy if all I do is sleep (again, I'm not!) and how she KNOWS I don't want to hear any of that, but it's the truth and that's just all there is to it! Then she ended it all by saying "Well, you just have to do what's good for you, I guess." What. The. Bloody. Hell? All I did was tell her I was tired. Note to self: Next time I talk to mom, if she asks how I am, I'm gonna lie!

2) I've been doing basically the same, very tedious job all day today. Actually, let me rephrase that, I've been re-doing the same, very tedious job I've been doing for the past two days. I'm making table cards for the DCSE Gala and I had already printed them out, glued, folded and pressed the cards. Now, here is the kicker. I showed them to my boss before I started that process and even though they were pixilated, he said they were fine, that it would be dark and no one would really notice. So, I started working on them and got them finished yesterday. I got a bad feeling about being so far ahead of the game, so I showed one of the finished ones to him this morning. He said "Oooooh, those are really pixilated. Better do them over." But...but...there are so many of them. Glaaaaaaaaggggghhhh! Then we had problems printing the new draft of it because the printers suck. I finally had to start from scratch and completely re-do the file, because the original file (the one my boss gave me) was not at a high enough resolution. I finally have the template done, and am now having to retype the names of our sponsors on them and seperate the dozens and dozens of cards into groups of 6 so I can print them out and begin the process of putting them together all over again. Boo.

3) Yay! I found out what I'm allergic to! I got a sample of Tocca perfume with one of my Christmas gifts, and while it smells fine, I break out in an itchy rash on my arms when I wear it. Ergo, I will not be wearing it anymore! Well, it was too flowery anyways. So, nyeah.

4) I made the bestest cupcakes yesterday! It was a low fat recipe, so I was sure they would taste bad, but they didn't! All you do is take a can of pumpkin mush, a box of chocolate cake mix, and 1/2 cup of water. You can't taste the pumpkin stuff at all and you don't have to add eggs and oil. There are two problems with them, though: A) If you drop any of it on you, it will stain your clothes orange and B) they kind of look like poop. I know, I know, that is gross, but the batter is thick and it doesn't make the nice cup-cakey shape that normal cupcakes have. They are kind of lumpy. Still, if you don't think about the visual associations, they taste pretty good!

5)I got a knitting machine! It's not a fancy one, nor is it a professional one, but it's easy to use and makes things really fast. I can now knit square pieces of stockinette cloth at the speed of a bionic grandma! This will also help me get rid of my current overstock of yarn. Now, if I can just figure out how to make something useful. At any rate, I know enough to finally make that Gryffindor scarf I've always wanted!

6) Ooooh, speaking of Gryffindor, did I ever post the pictures of how I decorated the IMAX lobby when we showed Order of the Pheonix? If not, I'll do that soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bah. Sleeping all the time is good for weight loss. When you're sleeping, you're not eating. Your body still burns calories while sleeping. So sleeping=weight loss. I think I will write a book: "Napping Your Way to a Smaller Dress Size." Or something.