Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Josh is a sneaky, sneaky, sneaky little Catholic!

He called me at work the other day and we were just kind of shooting the breeze when I overheard him say to someone on his end: "We have to leave in ten minutes? I thought we had longer..." and he came back to the phone and said he had to leave. I said "Nooooo! Tell whoever it is I said 'pppppttttthhhhhbbbbbt' ( or however you spell giving someone a raspberry).

So Josh says "Why don't you tell him yourself?"

Well, I must admit that Josh is the only priest I'm completely comfortable being rude to. I try not to be rude to people, even in jest, unless I know them at least a little bit! So I said:

"No! Josh, I can't say that to a priest!" Then I hear...

"Say what to a priest?" and no, the person on the other line wasn't Josh anymore. He'd handed off the phone to another one of his brothers. I was quite embarrassed to say the least. I found myself in one of the few times I couldn't think of anything to say! The brother asked what I said, and I didn't feel right about lying to a man of the cloth, so I told him what I said and ppppttthhhhhbbbbbbt'ed him. I can't believe I raspberried a priest.

They are so going to call the pope and try to send me to hell.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

Say two Our Fathers, three Hail Marys and six pbbbbts.

Anonymous said...

I am finally catching up on confessions.

Love,
Josh