Thursday, December 29, 2005

Ew.

This morning, I was driving to work when I decided to open the bottle of juice that I had in my lunch sack. Well, it's not so much juice as a smoothie with kind of the consistancy of thin baby food. Anyways, something told me not to do it, but I ignored that voice in my head and did it any way. At the 4 way stop near the house, the juice bottle suddenly wrenched its self out of my grasp. I say this because there was no other good reason why I should have dropped it. I wasn't moving, I wasn't car dancing, I was just sitting there. Well, I saw the bottle start to fall in slow motion, like in the movies. I tried to catch it, but I didn't, and it spilled all over my leg, the seat, and into the pocket on the door. I sat there making a helpless gutteral noise, hoping that I would be able to get to work without anyone noticing. Oh, and I was holding up traffic. So I came to the realization that a giant orange colored splotch on my pants would be noticed, and I had to turn around and go home. When I got there, I had to get out of Rudolph, which is pretty high off of the ground, so I couldn't just step out, I had to slide out, further mashing smoothie-juice-pulp into the butt of my pants. Let me tell you, walking outside with cold, wet pants isn't in any way fun. I finally got inside, threw my pants in the washing machine and found more pants. Then I had to go out and clean the interior of my car, which I'm pretty sure is still going to smell like orange-mango smoothie no matter how carfully I looked for the stuff. To add insult to injury, I fired off an e-mail to one of the guys in my office to let them know I'd be late, dreading the jokes that would no doubt be made at my expense the whole way back to work. I just hoped that they would get most of it out of their system before I got there. When I did finally get to work, I was the first one here...so now I'm just cringing in my chair, waiting to see if anyone walks down to my office to make fun of me. Maybe not. Oy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haaa, HA. Miss orange mango smoothy pants has a drinking problem.

Steve