Monday, December 05, 2005

Weekend Update

I had a fun weekend, if I do say so. Wrote a blog about it. Like to hear about it? Here it go...

Friday was payday, and we all know what we have to do on payday, right? Bills. Well, After I took care of my bills and such, I took myself to the mall to use the coupon I was e-mailed from New York and Co. I love that store. They have clothes for grown ups, in my size, that look nice! I bought a two shirts, a sweater and a couple of pairs of earrings. I don't normally buy earrings since I make jewelry, but I really wanted some dangly-sparkly ones. I can't help it, I'm a girl. Then I had to go to Target and pick up a prescription, which led to other shopping I couldn't control. I think it's a sickness. : (

Saturday I was going to go to school and work on my lithography project in hopes that I would have the studio to myself. Unfortunately, I didn't because a whole lot of people have left their project's until the last minute like I have. I worked for hours, all for nothing, because my prints were scummy. It was all my fault because I didn't have enough of a mask on my plate when I transferred the image onto it. I didn't want to turn it in as it was because I know I could do better, so all of that time was wasted. I was determined not to get my hands dirty because Steve's work Christmas party was that night, and I didn't want to have grease monkey hands, but unfortunately I didn't have my left glove on when I picked up the roller and my whole thumb was black. Oh well, it would at least match my dress! For Steve's party, I finally had the opportunity to wear my Wilma Flintstone dress! The one that is one shouldered that he made fun of when I tried it on for him? (He actually chose that one for me to wear when I asked, so he must've changed his mind about it, or he still feels guilty). I was kind of nervous about wearing it because it has this scarfie thing attached to the shoulder that you wrap around your neck, and I had an ungodly fear that it would get shut in a door and strangle me to death. Anyways, to make a long story short...I was a hottie.

Stop laughing. ; )

We got there a little late, which was totally my fault for some reason, but we still got there before anything started. As we walked in, Steve started pointing out people that he tells me about, but I didn't know who they were until he gave me their code names: i.e. "Inflatable Moose Head lady" "Day Planner Virus" and such. Well, not everyone had to have a code name, I do know some of his co-workers by their real names! Unfortunately in a bad move on my part, I didn't wear my glasses in an effor to look more formal. That sucked because I am so nearsighted. If I wanted to see someone across the room, I had to do the squinty eyed pirate face thing (Arrrrrrgh), which I'm sure looked attractive.: ) Anyways, when we had been there a few minutes, one of Steve's co-workers told us that the "guy/girl" was there. Me, with my morbid sense of curiosity, wanted him to be pointed out right then and there. Long before that night, Steve told me all about this man that works with him that is a pre-op male to female transexual. I had a sort of idea what the guy would look like: a tall, masculine looking woman, right? Nooooooooooooooooooo, not at all. Even though I couldn't see anything else, I zeroed in on this...dude in a dress. I wish I could be more nice about it, but I can't. He...she...whatever (there should really be a pronoun for situations like this) looked like a dude with a receeding hairline mullet (all party in the back, going out of business in the front) wearing a dress and makeup. I'm really glad that he didn't turn around and see me, because I'm fairly sure he would have been offended. I don't know what I looked like, but I felt like...well, have you ever seen a confused dog? You know, they kind of turn their heads sideways with one ear cocked up and make a "merf" sound? That's how I felt. Of course, then the trying-not-to-look-but-helpless-to-stop part of my brain turned on. To make matters even worse, ge ended up behind me in the buffet line singing in a soft, falsetto voice. It was all I could do not to turn around and stare with my mouth open. It really made me wish that it was possible to step aside, while all of the lights go off around you and you stand in a spotlight, so that you can do a little monologue like on TV, just so that I could have been bewildered out loud. Luckily Good Kelly won out over Bad Kelly, and I was able to get my food and sit down without incident. I got to meet a lot of really great people. Everyone seems to really like Steve, or they just pretend to so that he will not format their hard drives! Maybe it's a little of both? We danced all of three times because Steve won't dance with me unless it's a slow song, on account that we don't know how to dance. This has never stopped me before, but apparently it is a problem for him, so we just schmoozed a little and went home. It was a fun night!

Sunday we went to church, as per our usual. I started getting a bad headache, and had to dig around in my purse for some Excedrine. That was kind of a bad move on my part because I hadn't eaten anything that morning, and I also take some medicine that already makes me kind of hyper. By the time the music part was over, I was wired for sound. I tingled all over, and I was beginning to see auras! I don't know what was going on, but my mind was going a mile a minute. I'm glad we aren't a charismatic Baptist church, because I might had said some weird stuff. That afternoon we went to my parent's house, and dropped in on his parents as well, and then I had to go back to school for more torture in the Studio. Did I accomplish anything? Very little. I was there from about 5:30 to 9:30, and all I got done was 10 blue rectangles. I was so mad! See, we are working on our photographic technique, which is where we coat an aluminum plate with a light sensitive material and expose it with a negative to make our image base. Did it work? NO! Because some hastared(and I know who he is, dagnabbit) brought the light sensitive liquid out of the darkroom and into the studio. He didn't seem to believe me when I told him that was a bad move, but I finally convinced him to take it back. I didn't think it had been long enough to do any damage, but I was wrong. My plate didn't develop fully, and it set me back a few hours on this project, and I still have another one to go!!!!!! By this time my hands looked frostbitten due to the black and blue ink I was using, I had a smear of paint on my face, and I was MAD. So I left. Usually when I have to stay at the studio late, I will call Steve on my cellphone as I walk to my car. I figure that somehow the fact that I have him on the phone will deter anyone from abducting me, and if it doesn't, at least he can call the police right away. Well, unfortunately, I couldn't do that this time because I have lost my cellphone. I thought to myself that I would be fine this time, it was a short walk...no problem. However, when I looked outside, I saw a car just sitting there with it's lights trained on the building. I didn't feel safe without my cellphone, but I was still going to have to leave, so I just grabbed the first thing out of my bag and put it up to my ear. Unbeknownst to the creepy car (which actually turned out to be a security guard), I walked form the building to the car, calmly talking on my granola bar!

Time's up and I am out!

No comments: