Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

I've gone all Captain Picard with my tea choice this morning. I don't know that I've ever had Earl Grey Tea, but if it's good enough for Patrick Stewart, it's good enough for me! : ) I almost got attacked by the Camoflage Ninja on my way back to the office with my hot water. This guy is funny. He's Jason's roomate, Lance, and he has learned that he can jump out and scare me if I'm not paying attention. Luckily I saw him in time to warn him before he made me jump and scald his face off.

Oh yeah, my Numi tea wisdom of the day is:

"Wisdom steeps in youthful moments."

I'm suppost to bring the "wisest" waters to a boil. I had to improvise with SpRocket Center water. I wouldn't call that too wise. Hopefully it will be okay.

Yesterday was my last class for this semester! WOO-HOO!!!!!!! I thought we were just going to have to drop off our prints, but we had a critique. :P Apparently whatever I did to my prints was good because I had two classmates ask me for a copy of the one with the red bird on it. Eat that Mr. Your-Work-Is-Almost-Too-Cutsey!!!!!!! Personally, I would rather my artwork be appreciate by a more mainstream consumer base simply for revenue purposes. Even if any of my prints or drawings are bought and used to make greeting cards, at least I'll see the fruits of my labor. All of those people who focus on hidden meaning and all of that hippy artsy stuff will have to be dead before their work is appreciated. So NYEAH!

Steve and I have decided to go to the Rocket Center Christmas party and I don't know what I'm going to wear. I have three choices, all with both pros and cons attached.

The Wilma Dress--Pro: I already know it looks good, I really like it, and I have a pair of great earrings to wear with it. Con: The whole being strangled by the scarf thing and I'll have to be spray painted again so as not to glow in the dark.

The Silvery Dress--Pro: Love the dress, finally found a sweater that matches it enough to not have to go outside in December with only spaghetti straps and no sleeves, and the Prettiest Shoes I Own match it. Con: Probably not as thin as I should be for this dress, sweater is made of angora and sheds (making me sneeze), can't wear hose with the great shoes.

The Black and Purple Goth Vampire Dress--Pro: Made of velvet so it's warm, long sleeves and long skirt cover up...everything, interesting and certainly no one else will be wearing one like it. Being pale isn't an issue. Con: It's a freakin' Goth Vampire dress. I don't know if it will look appropriately on me now that my hair isn't dyed black anymore.

Eh, I'll try all of them on again and choose. Maybe I'll just wear the vampire dress for funzies! Who knows?

I had a couple of replies to my entry about the "Pickle Tweezers". Just to let you know, it's also fun to say when your frustrated, so instead of using bad language, just yell PICKLE TWEEZERS! To Lauren, you should yell that at your new boss when she ticks you off. If nothing else, she may think you're unhinged and leave you alone. : ) To Jason: Anyone can use a fork. Use the pickle tweezers, Luke...

Feliz Naviblah everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Birthday it is, Go Yoda. HooHoo.

Steve

Anonymous said...

Depending on when the party is scheduled, you should model each one, post a pic on your site and let your fans vote. Actually, wear the one that looks the most festive.

Your Engineer friend.