Friday, December 16, 2005

"Sipping thoughts of peace, hope floats my way."

Once again, the tea bag wisdom isn't wisdom at all. It's some kind of abbreviated haiku. Part of me wonders if the person who writes this is some kind of poet that couldn't make it in the Fortune Cookie industry. Maybe he's got some kind of mental block for syllabuls. Kind of like Zoolander couldn't turn left, this guy (or girl) can't write the standard 5-7-5.

You know, it just dawned on me. Someone who makes these tea bags with the lame sayings on them is someone who has the same job I do. One of these days, I may be designing lame fortune cookie tea bags! Oy Vey!

The directions are a little more interesting today. "Pull fresh water from the orange grove spring." Um...okay. Let me just go do that. Somehow, I think you have to live in some kind Zen neitherworld where the orange grove springs have wise water and you can relax at the drop of a hat to drink this properly.

I am driving the Chick Magnet today. Josh is moving into his new house, and needed to borrow Rudolph, so we did tradsies until he's done. The Chick Magnet is an Eclipse of indeterminate year. It's a sporty little black thing that's low to the ground and has a spoiler the size of Steve's head. It's like the Bat Mobile! I haven't driven a sports car in so long that it feels like I'm sitting on a skateboard being pulled by some unseen force. It's so much lighter than the Durango. I'm a little offended that Steve and Josh were so worried about me driving the car. I mean, last night on the way home, I wanted to drive it to get a feel for it, and Steve was acting like my mom used to when I only had my permit! He was -get this- giving me directions to our house. Okay, I know it's a different car than I normally drive, but I don't think it will impair my sense of direction. It's not like it's going to go all Night Rider on me and take over or something. Oh well, hopefully I can get it back to Josh in one piece. : ) We are supposed to go to Josh's new house and celebrate his first night as a homeowner. I get to cook. Let's hope I don't burn down the house before he gets to sleep in it! : )

I like the way my office is arranged much better than the old way. I think my chi flows much better. Well, either that or not sitting in a direct beam of sunlight for two hours in the morning is allowing my brain cells to heal. Brain cells, Chi...it's pretty much all the same.

This morning I was walking in and happened to see two very beautiful leaves limned in frost on the pavement. Luckily I had my camera in my purse, so I pulled it out and kneeled down to take a couple of close up snaps. The security guard either thought I was having a seizure or was bowing to Mecca. Next time I will hold the camera up over my head so that it can be clearly seen before I get down on the ground. That way I won't scare anyone.

No comments: