Saturday, December 31, 2005

I have a quandry.

Steve and I looked in the backyard the other day and we noticed that there was a lot more stuff back there than normal. I say stuff, because we don't have a clue what it is. We took some time today to go out there and pick it up, and we noticed that it was all stuff from next door. This has been going on since the new neighbors moved in, and we know that this stuff belongs to them. The quandry part of it all is this: we don't know if the kids next door are throwing this stuff into our yard, or if our dogs are somehow getting it another way. We've found all kinds of things, but there is a small chance that Cleatus and Kay Bob could have dragged it too close to the fence and Butler and Bear somehow pulled it underthe rest of the way. This little chance is the one thing keeping us from asking them to keep their junk on that side of the fence! We don't want to come across as jerks to these people (who have a warped sense of who we are anyway), but I'm tired of their trash showing up over here. We are getting concerned that they are throwing things over here that are being eaten by the dogs. We find pieces of toy cars and tools with handles missing and the like. I just wish we could just once catch the kids doing it. If I ever do, I have a feeling I might run out there and throw the bucket of dog water on them! That would be rude, though. : P

In other news, I made a Gooey Butter Cake this morning! It is actually verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry good! The recipe is from the Lady and Sons cookbook, and I made it for Josh, who told us that they are really popular in St. Louis. Of course, I have a feeling that to Josh, it won't be made well enough or up to St. Louis standards...but he can bite me. I'm being nice, and I already know it tastes good! So there! heeheehee.

Tonight we plan on going to a party, thrown by the afore mentioned Josh, in his new casa. We are going to have a ton of food and everything else. It'll be fun. : ) One thing, though, is that he's invited a couple who are constantly fighting, but I hope they can put it all aside while we're there. There is nothing quite as uncomfortable as trying to look at everything else but two people who are really arguing. Bickering is one thing, unmitigated hatred and venom is another. I guess I could throw a bucket of water on them too, if I have to! ; )

To everyone who reads this, I hope you have a great and blessed new year!

No comments: