Tuesday, December 13, 2005

"Pure joy is meant to be shared"

I just love getting these little snips of wisdom from my tea bags. : ) Today I'm trying a new kind of tea called "Numi Full Leaf Organic Tea" and it has all of this Zen-like advice on the packet. On the directions, it recommends humming while pouring the hot water over the tea bag. Then I'm supposed to let the soothing taste "warm and delight" me. It'll have to buy me dinner first.

Yesterday I had a "Mentos" moment when trying to figure out how I was going to salvage my lithography prints. As I told you, the color ones didn't register and the final ones had to be reprinted from an old plate. Well, since none of the color ones were straight, I cut off the edges of the print until there was no border left, so you can't tell that they were crooked. Then I took the reprint, and trimmed the edges as close as I could to the image, and hand painted a red bird into the tree. They both look 100% better than they did, so hopefully the teacher will not be repelled.

"Mentos, the Freshmaker!"

You want to know how to freak me out? Just put a hoodie sweatshirt near the bed in case I wake up cold. The other night I woke up freezing cold. I reached over, half asleep, and grabbed a giant NASA sweatshirt with a hood and tried to pull it over my pajamas. Apparently, I wasn't awake enough to realize I was putting it on backwards, because the hood flipped up over my face and in my clouded, sleep addled mind, I thought it was trying to eat me. I thrashed around trying to escape until I woke up a little more and realized I just needed to turn it around. No wonder Steve has trouble sleeping. :(

No comments: