Tuesday, December 20, 2005

"In each cup brew a thousand stories"

Well, I guess if a thousand monkeys brewed a thousand cups of tea for a thousand years...

Did I ever mention that I am the coolest wife ever? Heeheehee, well, maybe not, but I was able to pull of a birthday surprise for Steve that I'm awful proud of. Last week I had taken my camera to work to upload some pictures, and I got an idea for something I could do for Steve. The camera takes short clips of digital video, and I got the idea to have his friends here say happy birthday to him. I also have a couple of fairly awesome programs on my work computer that I want to learn how to use, iMovie and iDVD, so that I can do slideshows with music or learn editing to string together digital media if I'm ever required to do so for the SpRocket. Anyways, I got everyone I could think of that was here to say happy birthday, plus one of our friends from church, plus Josh and my family were all in on it. I wanted his parents to be on it too, but I never had enough time alone with them to get a clip of them. I used iMovie to create a title sequence that looked like a trailor for a disaster movie, and a sequence of calling him old interspace with pictures of old people and stuff. I was going to wait until his birthday, but I couldn't stand it, so I told him to come to the SpRocket because I had a birthday surprise for him. Our friend, Anthony, used the digital projector to show his birthday in IMAX! He loved it. In case you work with him and want to see it, he has a copy of it with him today. If not, hopefully one day I can figure out how to post a link to it on the web. : )

No comments: