Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Oy to the world...

Before I write, let me just say that I do indeed love my husband...no matter how it may appear sometimes.

Last night was kind of a mess. Remember when I said I was done shopping? I wasn't! I was wrapping gifts the other night and realized that two very important family members had inadvertently been left off of my list. Steve and I had planned on meeting at home after work and doing this last little bit of shopping together. He doesn't normally shop for gifts, that's my thing, but I asked if he would go with me so that I could be restrained when a holiday stressed soccermom shoved me out of the way for the last iDog...or whatever. Anyways, I get a call close to 5 that he (being the nice and helpful guy he is) had agreed to help Josh return the trailor that they had borrowed and go to dinner. I wish I could say I was gracious about this, but I wasn't. I had a lot to do without this distraction, so I emotionally beat him about the head and shoulders for a few minutes and then promptly forgave him. : ) Anyways, so we get the trailer and they decide that they want to eat...at the mall. The thinking was that Steve and I could eat and then finish our shopping. Fair enough, makes sense, convenient...good idea. But we end up going to one of the sit down resturaunts which takes a while. Then we finally leave to shop. I knew what I wanted to get for one person, the other was a mystery. Josh needed to get a gift for his new girlfriend's mom, and so we spent some time looking for something with a lighthouse on it. Score, we find something! Of course, it takes him a while to decide if that is indeed what he wanted to get. The store I needed was on the other end of the mall, so I figure we will make our way back there. However, Josh realized that he needed another gift, so we end up stopping at one of those overpriced chotchki places that are so stuffed with merchandise that if you happen to burp too loud, you shatter a shelf full of crystal animals and Gone With the Wind figurines. Anyways, so we look around there for a while...and I mean a WHILE. Anything I suggested, he shot down. He had asked me for help, and wouldn't take it, so I went outside of the store with Steve and we waited for him to come out. That didn't happen. I finally had to lean in and call for him to come on. We went into another shop, where Steve found the answer to out mystery gift problem and we went back upstairs towards the store I needed to go in. Right next to that store is a toy store. Steve stops and says..."Let's look at Star Wars stuff", and I told him he(and the horse he rode in on) could go in there while I looked for the other gift. I found what I was looking for and went back for Steve, but he wasn't in the toy store anymore. I thought, great...he's gone to look for me so that means I'll never find him. You know how that is. Why is it that you can buy harnesses for children, but not husbands? Just strap on the bracelet and you can drag him around without his getting away from you! Surprisingly enough, we found each other quickly and decided to wait until we could compare some prices before we bought the last gift. I also ended up helping Josh carry his purchases, which were considerable, while Steve went to get the truck. We didn't get home until late, so I couldn't do any of the other things that I had planned. In fact, I pretty much waited until the dogs were in bed and I went to bed too. It had been a super long day.

Before you just believe that I'm completely evil (I'm not...completely), I need to explain that I was tired from work and uncomfortably dressed. I was wearing my super villian spikey heeled boots, hose, and a skirt. These things are fine when you are at work sitting in front of a computer, but for what ended up being a 5 hour shopping trip, walking about and standing, they are BAD. Not to mention that every time I looked at the clock, I realized I would have less and less time to do anything once I got home. Granted, it's not a good reason for getting irritated at Steve and Josh, but it was my reason!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. The Tea wisdom for today is:

"A secret is as near as your own silence"

I can't believe it! That actually makes sense!

Joyuex Noel!

No comments: