Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Year of the Cookbook.

That was the theme of this Christmas for me. As of last night, I realized that I have received 12 of them this year! I'm excited about possibly making something out of them! As you know, I love the cookbooks that are either unusual, from specific places or have a specific theme. This year I got some of each! So if you come to dinner at some point this year, I will possibly be making something from Rome, London, New Orleans (that last one struck me as terribly sad...it was full of resturaunts and places that no longer exist), or Savannah. I might make a fancy Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner or maybe something just for two people. Maybe I'll just make soup, cause I now have a book specifically for that, or I'll be making something Greek, Thai, or Spanish. For dessert, I will make Wookie Cookies from my Star Wars Cookbook, if for no other reason than it is SO much fun to say. : ) Now, the next order of business is learning how to actually cook. The Adventure Begins!

I found a grey hair! It's so pretty! The woman in my family have absolutely beautiful white hair when they get older, so I hope that I follow suit. Of course, I say this now...

I know I haven't been in my job long enough when get excited when I see something I designed actually in print. Space Camp has a deal with Arby's, starting in February, where they will have space related stuff in the kids meals. There is this really awesome little cardboard punch-out lunar rover that you fold and put together. I had nothing to do with that, BUT I did make the tiny little diagrams on how to put them together! Simple cat, simple pleasures.

No comments: