Monday, January 02, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Greetings to you all in the year 2006. How many of you are going to have trouble remembering to write the new year on your checks for about 2 months? I know I will. I hope you all had a great New Years Eve and spent it with people you love. As I said before, Steve and I went to a party at Josh's new house, and we had a good time. Of course, being me and the wild woman I am, I fell asleep at about 11:00. : ) My gooey butter cake was a big hit. I was proposed marriage by an already married man after he tasted it : ). I suppose that old adage about "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" is true. I'm also pretty sure his wife didn't appreciate his sentements, though. heeheehee. Later that day, we went to my grandmother's house to have pig face (or hog jowls to those of you who know it as that) and collard greens. After all of the junk I had at Josh's house, I didn't partake of any of the food, but the company was nice. I got all of the 2005 dirt on the people I grew up with, so it was fun. The rest of the day, Steve and I spent being lazy. It was awesome.

I didn't make any new years resolutions, but I did make several anti-resolutions. My thinking is this: Every time I make a resolution, I never keep it. In fact, I usually do the opposite. So this year, maybe if I resolve to do all of the stuff I usually end up doing, I will accomplish the opposite and therefore the resolutions I would normally want to make!

I hope reverse psychology works when you use it on yourself.

No comments: