Thursday, January 26, 2006

I should really be working, but I've gotten frustrated. I'm supposed to be recreating some lettering and graphics for something called a "Drone" which looks like a big, orange missile. Quite honestly, I think that's what it is!



I've never seen one of them until my boss brought me the measurements and pictures of the old one. I was doing okay until I tried to transfer some of my graphics and another file onto the computer which is attached to the vinyl cutter (which sucks). It will not read any of my files! I had to delete all of the programs off of that computer so that it would quit freezing up, and so I can't recreate any of these things from scratch on it. It will also not read my font file. Why can't the Air Force use Arial?! I've been working on it for a while, but I had to take a break and fuss about it.

Today has been a pretty vanilla day. I accidentally woke up my friend that has been sick for so long when I called her! I felt so bad. I haven't gotten another chance to call her back, but I'll try tomorrow. I'm such a dork with the telephone!

I have been busy since I got here today. I couldn't believe how much stuff was coming my way. I guess since the holidays are over, people have nothing better to do than come here. : ) I'm not complaining though, it keeps me employed. While I was working this morning, my mom called. I had just changed my Exacto knife blade (#11, the one with a wicked sharp point) when she called, so I moved the phone to my drafting table and reached over to get the knife. I bumped my hand on a roll of tape, and drove the tip of the knife into the tip of my finger! It's hard not to scream curse words when you do something like that, but since I was on the phone with Mom, I was able to get away with just screaming ouch. I bled a lot, but luckily not for very long. While the injuries are becoming less frequent, they are becoming more painful and messy. Let's just hope I keep all of my fingers!

Okay, back to work with myself! Oh yeah, and tonight is Earl and The Office! Woo-Hoo!

No comments: