Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My Ancient Greek history class has started out being much more interesting than Midieval Art History. Of course, this doesn't mean that it will be sunshine and giggles all semester! So far we've talked about Homer's Oddesy, which is actually funny when explained by my teacher. Her thing is ancient civilizations anyways, so I guess she enjoys teaching it more. Today we discussed some ancient Greek party etiquette (sp?). I'm sure this advice is just as useful today as it was back then.

1) You never ask anyone to leave a party. Even if they decide to move in and consume the revenue of your fields and stockyards, its rude to ask them to go. Apparently a god must intervene before the overzealous guests will be on their way.

2) You must give expensive gifts to your guests. Normally, they will just ask for them, but you can offer them beforehand if you prefer. Think of it as positive marketing. A good gift might be admired by their friends, but a great gift will assure that your lands will not be plundered and your women not raped and abducted.

3) Canniblism is a serious party faux pas. This is pretty much self explanitory.

I know this has cleared some things up for me!

Steve, Josh and I went back to the gym last night. It was actually less bothersome than it was the first night, but it was because we were working on our legs instead of my weak little arms I guess. When I went to the gym at Calhoun, I could do 400 pounds on the leg press, but not anymore! Of course, I was 10 years younger and in much better shape back then heeheehee. By the time our workout was over, I had that light feeling again, and it felt like my legs were moving in slow motion. Kind of weird when you aren't actually moving slow. : ) I hope I can keep up with the working out...now I just have to work on eating better. It's no fun to eat if you can't eat stuff that tastes good! That's one of the first things I'm going to ak God, I think. Why does all the bad stuff taste so good?!

I've been giving the task of designing an actual print ad. I'm scared! Of course, I will be told what to fix if I mess it up, but still... Oy.

No comments: