Monday, January 09, 2006

: (

School's back in for the spring semester, and I already wish it was over with a cozy little A marked in my record for each one. I started out with three classes, but I decided at the last minute, i.e. Thursday night, to cancel my yoga class. Don't get me wrong, I love doing yoga, but I got to thinking that I just don't want to take any more classes than I have to anymore. After this semester, I'll have 4 more and then I can graduate. Now, how long will it take me to get those 4 classes? Who knows? Not long, I hope! My graphics class isn't what I thought it was going to be about. It's a class on Flash, but I'm glad. I'll probably need to learn how to do that kind of stuff one of these days. I've got my Greek history class this afternoon, so I'm going to be keeping busy this semester too. I can only hope it won't be as stressful as the last one!

WEEKEND UPDATE!

FRIDAY: YOU JUST CAN'T TAKE ME ANYWHERE

Friday after work, Steve, Josh and I had planned to go to dinner at Surin of Thailand. It's a teeny, yet popular, Thai resturaunt not far from our house. I decided that I wanted to dress up a little, because sometimes that's fun to do, and so I picked out a fancy top I had bought last year while we were in Florida. I don't really wear it much because the neckline is a little low, but it has one of those little tie-on sweaters that goes on top of it to keep me from flashing everyone. Well, as soon as Steve and I got out of the car, I don't know what I did, but "the girls" decided to make a break for it. Luckily, I didn't let them get too far. I kept on walking while fixing my top and said to Steve, who was behind me: "Good Grief, my boobs just about fell out of this!" and then I heard the voice of the person who was behind me, who was NOT Steve, say "Popular place here tonight." as he walked ahead of me and into the resturaunt. Then I heard Steve start to laugh. I about died. Steve laughed until we actually got into the lobby of the place, which was packed beyond belief, and then he laughed some more. I can only say thank you to that man for covering for my inadvertent chest revelations. I didn't think that my face could get any redder...at the time. Fast forward about 15 minutes later. Steve and I didn't want to stand outside in the cold, so we wedged our way into the only standing room available at the time, which was right by the bar. It was a good spot, and we weren't in the way too much, but there was a giant flower arrangement behind me that kept poking me in the head. I kind of placed myself in between the sprays of plastic foliage, so it wasn't a big deal. They called our name, and I started to follow the hostess, but I felt something tugging on my purse. I thought it was Steve, and since I was afraid I would lose the hostess before I saw where we would be seated I decided to keep walking and find out what he wanted when we sat down, but I didn't get to far before I realized that it wasn't Steve tugging on my purse. When I put my purse over my shoulder, an orchid or whatever, from that stupid plant got caught underneath the strap. So there I was, dragging a gigantic flower arrangement behind me. I almost stopped, but I was too embarrassed to turn around, so I just kept on going and leaving Steve holding the flower I managed to yank out of the plant as well as a waiter trying to get the arrangement upright again. I just sat down and covered my face. It would have been embarrassing enough to do that, but with about 250 people watching me do it made it worse. Of course, Steve got to the table laughing so hard he could barely breathe. Even the waiter was laughing! I can't go back there for a couple of months!!! I managed not to do anything else embarrassing that night, thank goodness.

SATURDAY: Saturday was a nice uneventful day. Not only did I stay away from big flower arrangements, I did dishes, made soap and I got to go shopping. Steve and I had lunch together later and I went to Target. While I was there I got the expansion pack for my SIMS 2 game, and immediately became sucked into it. Steve had been taking a nap, but Josh called and asked if we wanted to go to dinner again, but I begged off so that I could play my game some more. It's like crack. That is the only way to describe it. : ) Steve said he was only going out to dinner "and nothing else", so I expected him home a couple of hours later. I settled in, and decided that between game sets I would make some soup for dinner, which I did. I had gotten the movie "Dark Water" in from Netflix, and since Steve doesn't care for spooky movies and he wasn't home, I watched that while I ate dinner. I don't know if it was me being alone or the surround sound or what, but I got scared from that movie. I mean, the movie it's self wasn't that scary. It was even a little bit predictable, but I kept hearing noises! When the movie was over, Steve was still not back. I was wondering if they had been on a long wait list for a table or something, so I pulled out my book and read a while. By 11:00 or so, though, I started getting worried. So I waited up until my meathead husband came home, and it was about midnight or later. Apparently, they had decided to go see a movie and he didn't call to tell me! I don't care at all if he makes plans without me, that's not the thing. I thought he was dead somewhere. He normally calls me if plans change so that I don't worry, and since he didn't this time, I worried! : ) It wasn't really his fault, though, he was just about to call me when he got sidetracked by some friends that he bumped into in the lobby of the theater. I think I can forgive him for that. Heehehee.

SUNDAY: This was a nice, normal day as well. Church in the morning, my parent's and Steve's parent's house in the afternoon, and church again at night. Then I started playing my game again and didn't get into bed until 1:00 this morning.

That's about it for the weekend. I am a wild woman.

No comments: