Monday, January 23, 2006



Wow, no one ever told me I have freakishly huge eyeballs. It was a shock when I saw this picture. My computer snapped this while I was talking, so don't think I'm just making "rodent face" for no reason!

If you read my blog since Saturday, you'll know the "Parcel Service" debacle that happened to me. Well, I have gotten it somewhat taken care of. I sent an e-mail to the customer service link I found on their webpage, and was sent a reply by Sunday morning. I was told that the package had indeed been delievered, and they gave me the address where it ended up. All I can say, is that whom ever delivered my package was an idiot. I could understand if my order had been sent to another house on my street, or even returned to the company that I had ordered from, but noooooooooo. It had been sent to another place, not even in my ZIP code. I was one number short on my street address, but that was it. Everything else was fine. The delivery person sent my order to another house, on a "similar" sounding street, at another ZIP code miles away from my house. I don't get it. Anyways, I filed a claim with the company, hoping to get reimbursed for my lost package as well as asking a good friend of mine, who also works for this delivery service, to check and see what the problem was. I also contacted the company where I made my original order and they are sending me a new shipment, free. The only thing is that some of the parts I ordered to go along with my original order are no longer available, so I'm getting reimbursed for what can't be sent. I don't believe I'm going to complain about that! : )

Well, other than that, I didn't have a very exciting weekend. Friday night we met Josh at Casablancas for dinner and we went to Coffee Tree to hear one of Steve's co-workers perform. He is a kind of folk singer kind of guy who plays a guitar. We enjoyed his set, and Steve got him to play "The Wedding Song" that we had in our wedding. It was sweet! I had never been to the Coffee Tree before, but it was cool. It's actually a used book store with a cafe in it. They make really good lattes. I also found a couple of books for myself and am planning to haul some of my paperbacks over there to sell. I always hate to get rid of a book, though. Even raggedy ones. It's like telling a friend you've had forever that you can't hang out with them anymore because all they wear are old Metallica tee-shirts and Birkenstock sandles with socks.

Saturday I drove Steve to work and I went shopping for Steve. I went to Marshall's, and I love that place! I had actually gone for something specific, and I ended up with what I came for and three more things. Don't worry, I made sure I was getting a good price on everything! Heeheehee. Later that night, Anthony came over and we had planned to go eat and to the boat show at the VBCC. We are all realistic enough to know that we will probably not get aboard a yacht any other way! However, I don't know if it was something I had eaten from where we went to dinner or what, but I got sick. : ( I told them to just take me home and go on without me, but they stayed home with me and watched TV. Awwwwwww. It's nice to know that people love me! : )

Sunday was church and visiting the parents. My 7 year old nephew has a cell phone. He saved his Christmas money and bought it himself. Please tell me what a 7 year old needs with a cell phone? I was still playing with those phones that let you talk to the cast of Sesame Street when I was 7! It's not one of those little Firefly things either. It's got more bells and whistles than my own cell phone. I know that when his older brother got one for Christmas (and even at 11, I still think he's too young), Seth has been begging for them to get one for him...to a point of the crying, screaming fits. Oh well! Remember when parent's used to say "No"? You don't hear about that much anymore. Why does everyone need cell phones anyways? I mean, if you need to be reached, I can dig it, but just having one to have one? It doesn't make sense to me. I don't always like the fact that I can be called at anyone's convenience. I leave my house so that I won't be there when people call, but now my purse rings and if I don't answer, people panic. It's not like I have to be called back to the hospital to complete a kidney transplantation or anything! I'm sure there are times when we will all be grateful for our cell phones, but I can't help but feeling a little silly for carrying a phone that gets called once a month. Sheesh.

Anyways, that's about the extent of my ravings for the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if anyone has told you this -- but you have freakishly huge eyeballs. I just thought you might want to know...

-- Jason