Thursday, January 05, 2006

You know, I haven't been giving you my Tea Wisdom lately. Today's is a doozy.

"Seeking the obvious, I become lost in my tea."

I'm not even sure what to make of that enough to make fun of it! The directions are funny too. They say:

"Appreciate how fresh water comes to a boil and pour it over a bag of Smokey Tarry."

Uh, yeah, and the tea is called Smokey Tarry Lapsang Souchong Black Tea. Doesn't sound like it's going to taste that good, does it? In fact, it sounds more like a Chinese repaving project than a cup of tea...but I'm willing to give it a whirl.

Tonight Steve and I go for our first official workout at our new gym. Steve got a good deal on a membership through his work, so he signed us up. I'm kind of excited about this because this particular gym gives you an evaluation, walks you through the first workout, and then makes up a personalized work out program to help you accomplish whatever your goal is. We had our evaluations on Tuesday, and what an embarrassing event that was. All the weekend before, I kept asking Steve if we needed to change into workout clothes for this and he said we didn't. I wasn't completely convinced, but I do think my husband has sense enough to know about stuff like this, so I didn't worry about it. Earlier that day, I got the niggling feeling again that we needed to have on workout clothes, but once again, he said we didn't need to worry about it. When we got there, the lady behind the counter said "oooooooh, you didn't know you were going to have to work out today, did you?" and all I could do was give Steve "wife face". For those of you not familliar with Wife Face, that's the look you give your husband when they've screwed up. It's different for every woman, but every husband recognises it immediately. : ) Anyways, so this kid, who was probably about 17 or 18 years old took us over to the corner and weighed us and did all of the preliminary stuff that we needed to have on file. Bless his heart, he was afraid to take my measurements, so he asked me to take them and then tell him what they were. The general manager saw this and he came over to teach him how to measure people without getting a sexual harrasment lawsuit. I got to be the guina pig for that. Anyway, so here Steve and I are in our office attire, on the floor doing crunches and then on various machines doing leg presses and everything else. It was awkward, since I was also wearing heels. The little guy was only halfway paying attention to us, so we could have totally cheated and not done what he asked, but we were good. Of course, afterwards we were all disheveled and rumpled looking - probably no more than anyone else there - but it loked worse since we were in dressy clothes. At one point the guy looked at us and said "You weren't prepared to work out, huh?" Since we had already gone over this ad nauseum with the front desk lady, I tried to make a joke and say "Oh yeah, we knew. These are our gym clothes. We're just really formal people." I think he believed me. Oh well. Anyways, tonight we both have proper workout attire and shoes, and I will have to make my sore muscles do all of the things the trainer says they must.

Yuck, by the way, the tea tastes like liquid beef jerky. Don't think I'll be drinking that kind again. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go find a place to bury it.

No comments: