Friday, January 20, 2006

You know PMS is bad when you have to physically remove yourself from the frozen food aisle at the grocery store because you almost beat a perfect stranger to death with a day old baguette. Please pray for my husband....

Okay, enough from the TMI files!

I don't think I've posted anything since Monday, and mainly that's because nothing interesting has happened! I've actually gotten busy this week, as attendance at the SpRocket has picked up and people are needing their signs. : )

Wednsday, I went to class and realized that I had forgotten my homework. So that's great, I haven't been in school two weeks yet and I'm already losing my mind! Ack! I also almost fell asleep in my history class and had to resort to eating these things called "Warp" Hyper Charged Mints, because they are supposed to be caffeinated or something like that. They did keep me awake, but they don't taste very good! That night Steve, Josh and I went to the gym, and it was kind of crappy. There were WAY too many people there for the size of the gym, and we had to wait for everything. I was kind of ticked because this one girl was on the machine I needed, talking on her cell phone and watching the TV in front of her. I would have asked her to move if she weren't half heartedly moving the weights. That way she could say she was using it. Another two guys were taking turns using a machine, so I sat and waited for them to be done. They were actually using it, but in between sets they would stroll over and talk to their friends and talk to each other. Every time I'd head over there to get on it, one of them would jump back on! Oh well, it gave me some time to rest in between, I guess. I'm glad Steve and Josh go with me, because I simply don't think I'd have the patience for this gym otherwise.

Yesterday, the Governor himself graced us with his presence. I suppose it goes to show you just how little I know about our state when I had to ask someone what his name was. All I could remember is that Steve said all of our governors have 3 letter first names. He was here because the Huntsville Mustang Club (or something like that) was donating the proceeds of their car show to him for the Katrina victims. I always get nervous when I am near show cars. I don't think of cars as anything other than a conveyance, so I'm always tempted to lean on them or something. I didn't let myself get too close to any of them, because the owners got panicked when you'd get too near. : ) I do have to say, though, that I wouldn't mind having a mustang myself! The new body style, of course. I also saw a Mach I that I would have taken off of someone's hands. Of course, by the time I drove it around a while, it wouldn't be worth anything! The governor seemed a little ingenuine to me, but I always kind of feel that way about politicians. He was too hand shakey and smiley and wavey...I guess that's just what politicians are, though. He seemed like a used car salesman. Actually, he DID used to be a Ford dealer, he said. Maybe the schmoozing thing is in his DNA.

Last night we had dinner with Josh, who was slumming on our end of town. Afterwards, I went to the grocery store, where the above mentioned frozen food aisle incident happened. All I wanted was some ice cream!!! I finally got some and went home. I spent the next hour in my room, with the lights off, eating ice cream out of the container and watching "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office". Of course, then I had ice cream induced nightmares. All I can remember about it now is that the color green was freaking me out. Then I woke up at 4:00 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep!

Today has wound up much nicer, seeing that I'm not hiding in the dark with dairy products. The CIO (I think) of the SpRocket had requested a sign be changed to reflect some seasonal changes. He was very specific about what he wanted, and much like Veruca Salt, he wanted them NOW. Unfortunatly, he wanted me to put some vinyl stickers over some back lit directional signs, and he didn't seem to realize that unless the image is within the sign itself, it's not going to work. So the arrow he wanted me to add doesn't show up, and the arrow he wanted to be covered by a star glows through. Oh well, I don't try to reason with folks, I just make the signs. He can deal with the rest later. : )

No comments: