Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Sorry about the booby-trapped last entry, if you're a Battlestar Galactica fan that is. A friend of mine was being punished for teasing me. : )

As a part of my first project in Flash, I had to design an animated Valentine's day card. I've been having so much trouble trying to think of something, and I've had to change formats twice, but I've finally found something that will work. We had to show our preliminary stuff to the class today, and I was a little embarrassed about the state that mine was in. I figured the teacher would tear into me, but he actually liked it! The only thing that's pretty much annoying about the whole thing is that I have the song "I Think I Love You" by the Partridge Family playing along in the background, and it's been stuck in my head for about 4 days now. I also accidentally forgot to turn the sound down on the computer while I was working on it in the computer lab and it scared everyone. Oops!

Today I was trying to move an office sign from one place to another and instead of only pulling off the part with the name on it like I had intended, I ripped down the whole thing, plus a couple of chunks of dry wall. Oy... Now I have to go put up something to cover the scars on the walls!

You know, every day I'm amazed at how some people can be rude and not care. As most of you know, I have a few keloid scars on my chest. I don't know why or where they came from really, but they've been there for practically forever. This morning in class, while we were all walking around and watching the flash presentations, I noticed this girl in front of me turn around and just stare at my chest. At first I thought she might just be glancing at my necklace or something, but she was staring hard. In fact, she stared at me for so long that I started to get freaked out. I finally moved away, but it weirded me out a little. How rude! I mean, it would be one thing if I had a tattoo of a dragon wrapped around my neck or something, but these are just small reddish scars. I'm going to have to invest in some turtlenecks or something!

My newest package is supposed to be arriving today. Let's see if Professor Delivery Guy can get into the right ZIP code this time! I shouldn't be so harsh, I guess. Everyone makes mistakes. The person is supposed to come by and confirm that the first package was not delivered. I just don't know when he'll come by when I'm at home. Hopefully I can get my money back from them at some point. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Oh yeah, Ms. Rhonda found out that her next surgery will be on Feburary 14th. She'll have about 3 weeks to regain strength from her chemotherapy and then she will go back into the hospital. They are also going to complete the surgery that she was having originally when they found her tumor, and that will keep her in the hospital for 8-10 days at the least. Please remember to pray for her! She's been really icky from the radiation and meds, but hopefully she will be feeling much better soon.

No comments: