Friday, January 13, 2006

Okay, so I didn't go to the gym last night. It wasn't entirely out of laziness, though, because I felt like I was coming down with the flu or something. Steve had also had to go into work early two days in a row and was wiped out, so we decided to wait and go tonight. Yee and/or Ha. Anyways, I got home later than Steve did and he asked what I wanted to do for dinner. I had eaten lunch kind of late, so I hadn't been thinking of dinner at all. So while I was doing something in the office, I hear Steve puttering around in the kitchen, and went I walked in, he was making dinner! I actually had to go check the weather conditions in Hell, but no, it hadn't frozen over yet! He did a very good job, and dinner was wonderful. He made chicken and couscous with mango salsa. To celebrate his culinary masterpiece, I did laundry. Oh, it was a debauched and excessive evening for us all. : ) Actually, Steve was falling asleep in his chair, so he went to bed early and I stayed up and watched my two shows. After they went off, I had planned to do some more house cleaning, but I got caught up in this book I'm reading and I couldn't put it away. It's a book about an Amish family, and it had me boo-hooing by the time it was over. It was so good! However, it's part of a series, so now I'm going to have to find the next book! Of course, when I went to bed, I had nightmares about Amish people. Very Children of the Corn...

The dream I had made me think of some mennonite people who came to the SpRocket. You'd think that this would be the last place a mennonite would come to visit, but I see them here quite frequently. This was when I was a simulator operator out in Rocket Park. It was high summer and we were all wearing our summer uniforms, which were khaki shorts and a gray polo shirt. Pretty much out of nowhere, about 70 mennonites, all fairly young adults, walked over to the ride I was running and got into line. I don't know if it was the fact that they were almost completely silent as they stood waiting, the fact that they were all dressed alike, a la "Village of the Damned", or the fact that they seemed to stare us down without blinking, but I was freaked out. I also felt like I was silently being damned for my lack of modesty, because of the shorts. I'm sure they weren't doing anything of the sort, but I had never felt quite so naked before. : (

Steve got a whiff of Karma last night, literally. While I was in my office, I heard Steve open the refridgerator door. Then I heard something fall and he said "Oh no. Hey, Kelly, what is Karma?" The first thing I thought was "This is an unusual time to discuss aspects of eastern religions." Then he said "And why is it in a glass bottle?" Then it was my turn to say "Oh no." About two years ago I bought a bottle of hand blended perfume named Karma. I happen to love it, but it IS an aquired taste, or smell, rather. Because it was made of oils and such without seporators, I couldn't leave it on my vanity with my other perfume, so I put it in the fridge to keep it from spoiling. Of course, then I forgot about it. I probably should have thrown it away a while ago, but I never thought about it. So Steve reached in to get some butter, and the bottle fell out of the fridge and broke, spilling the stuff all over the floor. Not to mention, the purfume had turned, so it was no longer the fragrance of oranges, patchouli, and other lovely things. Now it smelled like the Grateful Dead had gone on tour in the kitchen. I tried my best to clean it up, but it was still there. Not only that, but it got all over my hands, and I couldn't get it off! This morning I went to throw the bottle away, and I got it on me again. I can't get away from the smell of it and everything I eat tastes like it! Yuck, I don't think I'll be buying any more of that ever again. : P

No comments: