Tuesday, January 17, 2006

WEEKEND UPDATE!

Friday Steve and I went to the gym. It was much nicer there on a Friday, without so many people hogging everything, but it closed earlier than we were used to. Josh had gotten there earlier, so was on his way out when we got there, and he invited us over to his place. By the time we were done with our workout, both of us were too tired to go anywhere. We just went home and had dinner and watched Monk. Steve went to bed, but I stayed up to finish the third novel in the series about the Amish family. Those books are what I like to call "Little Debbie" books, because reading them is like being hungry, but not wanting to deal with anything too complicated, so you grab a Little Debbie cake and eat that. Quick, satisfying, and nicely wrapped up. : )

Saturday, Steve had planned on hanging out with some of the fellas, so I stayed home and did laundry. I know I've been saying I did laundry all last week, but it was bad. When I had gotten so busy last semester, I let a LOT of things in the house go, so there was a backlog on clothes. In fact, I found a couple of things that I know for a fact that I hadn't worn since before Thanksgiving! I hadn't realized how behind I had gotten. I guess I was just grabbing what we needed and washing it whenever we were almost completely out of clothes to wear, and not going to find all of the other stuff. Oy vey! Anyways, I also worked on the kitchen and bathrooms, and I had some errands to run later that day. I had also downloaded 2 more episodes of The Office and watched those as well. : ) Steve called and told me we were having dinner with friends, so that evening we met Shannon, Greg, Josh, and Anthony at Chili's. Afterwards we went to Barnes and Noble and Coldstone Creamery! I'd been craving it, what can I say? At the bookstore, I found the last two books in the Amish ('Abram's Daughters', actually) series, and by the time I went to bed that night, I was more than halfway through the fourth one.

Sunday was church and the requisite parent visits, per usual. I was supposed to sing during the evening service, so I did. Unfortunately, I had drank some kind of energy drink (probably just loaded with caffine) before we got to church, and by the time I got up one stage, I was a nervous wreck. I'm always a little nervous whenever I sing, even though I love to do that more than just about anything, but add in the caffine and I was jittery and paranoid. Anyways, Steve said I sounded all right, but I couldn't really tell. After church, Steve and I went over to Josh's place for a cold weather cook out. We ate, watched a couple of movies and played a game. Since I was not too hungry, but thirsty, and because they was free, I had me about 15 of Josh's Dr. Peppers! : ) I don't normally drink soda anymore and I have little to no tolerance for any kind of stimulent, add that to the cup of espresso that Josh made us, and I was wired for sound. Since we didn't have to work Monday, we ended up staying much later than we had intended. Actually, Steve wanted to leave a lot earlier, but he wouldn't come right out and just say it, so I never got whatever hints he said he was dropping. By the time we got home, I could have no more slept than I could have flown. I downloaded 2 more episodes of "The Office" and finished up the 4th novel before I went to bed. By then it was almost 5 AM.

Monday, Steve had an appointment at the sleep clinic, so he was gone by the time I woke up at 9:00. I hate sleeping that late! It always feels like most of the morning is already gone. I decided to finish up the laundry (which STILL wasn't done. I swear, either we have way too many clothes or Steve comes home three times a day and changes outfits). Since Steve was going to be napping all day, I was trying to get everything done so that I could spend time with him that evening. I also baked some chocolate pistachio biscotti just for funzies. It is gooooooood if I do say so! : ) Steve got back home at about 3 pm, telling me that he didn't hardly sleep at all. The doctors kept making too much noise, so after dinner he fell asleep and only woke up long enough to go into the bedroom to get into bed. I was alone, again! So I got my last novel and read that all of the way through.

What a wild weekend!

No comments: