Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I'm positvely giddy.

OK, not really, but I've always wanted to start out an entry by saying that. : ) I am, however, feeling fairly well this morning. I have my bowl of mayonaise-less Waldorf salad and a jug of water the size of Steve's head. Not too bad at all.

Last night I helped mow the lawn, once again looking wonderfully tacky! I think I need to start having a picture made every time I do this. Just for posterity, you understand. We had to wait until dusk for it to be cool enough to go out there. This is the kind of hot that makes me want to move to Canada. This heat/humidity is soul zapping, seriously. It makes me feel stupid and sluggish and I just want go home and lie down next to a vent and not move until dark. I used to do that when I was little. I'd lie down on the floor next to a vent and throw a sheet over me. When the vent kicked on, it would inflate the sheet like a tent and be nice and cold in there. Just about the time I would get too cold, it would kick off and the tent would collapse over me and then I'd get warm again. I'm really surprised I didn't die of hypothermia. I wasn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer as a child.

While in California last year it was 105 degrees and I was not in the least troubled by it. I spent literal hours wandering around Bodie taking pictures and never even sweated. Of course, by the time I got back into the car I was so dehydrated that I couldn't speak, but it was worth it.

Anyways, I mowed the lawn and settled into Lawnmower Zen. I have such wonderful thoughts while mowing, but I can never remember them once I'm done. Maybe if the people in the middle east had more lawns to mow, they would feel better about things and stop bombing everyone. Eh, just a theory.

No comments: