Wednesday, July 19, 2006

You know, I realize just how low I am on the totem pole around here. I have no illusions about that at all. But it's never more apparent than when someone else brings up an idea I mentioned a year or more ago and suddenly the ones in charge think it's a great idea. Oh well, I'm not too worried about it. C'est la vie*. : )

Last night I made banana bread and it was FABULOUS. I realized that the bananas I bought last had become extrememly ripe and I couldn't make myself eat them as is. I followed the directions from the McAlister's website from when Elizabeth and Taylor made it. It turned out well and was only a little crispy around the edges. Mainly I left it in a little longer because I didn't have the right kind of pan and that's why. Once again, no fires and the alarm didn't go off once.

I'm firmly convinced that the whole "catching things on fire" thing was fully the fault of the old stove, Kennie II. No, I did not name my stove after my friend Kenny (unless that hurts his feelings and then of course I named it after him), but I named it after the refrigerator Kennie I (or Kennemore as the makers called them). The poor, sad, avacado green things. Although I kind of miss them because they were so cute, I'm really glad they are gone. It makes me feel much better about cooking when things aren't going up in flames. Probably makes Steve feel better about my cooking too!

*That could totally be spelled wrong.

No comments: