Friday, July 28, 2006

Pleh...

The SpRocket is having their annual United Way bake sale this morning and as someone who liked to help out with charity (when there is chocolate involved) I bought some chocolate chip cookies. I had every intention of saving them for after lunch, really, but I couldn't do it. I had cookies for breakfast and now I feel like I'm going to barf. Maybe next time I will just give them money and let them keep the cookies. :(

I can't believe I just said that!

There hasn't been an awful lot of stuff going on worth talking about lately. I know, you're shocked right? Well, even for my life, it's been remarkably uneventful. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that for a chick with a Rocky Road mindset, I am destined to live a fairly vanilla life. Sigh.

I have finally gotten the nerve to try and make an actual piece of clothing that I will wear. After that first incident with the shirt I destroyed, I have only been making purses, but I don't need any more purses! The pattern I got seems to be simple enough, and if I pay attention to what I'm doing I may be able to actually finish the dress. Hopefully I won't sew anything inside out this time! :) So we're going to see if this works this time. *fingers crossed*

Last night we went to dinner with Josh and Anthony. Afterwards we walked over to Books A Million and Josh abandoned me, leaving me with Steve and Anthony who were talking about data bases. Since I was pretty sure the staff wouldn't appreciate me jabbing my eyes out on their carpet, I had to wonder off and amuse myself. I ended up buying this book called "The Book of Bad Taste" which doesn't really describe the book that well. It's a trivia book about weird things. Probably things that will never come up in normal conversations, but by golly, if it does I'll be ready! I'll give you an example of something I read in one of the chapters: Apparently cannibals think that the fingers, toes, and the palms of the hands are the best tasting part of humans. Hmmmm, gotta wonder who took that survey, right?

No comments: