Monday, July 17, 2006

WHEW!

I just got off of the phone with the Financial Aid departent at UAH. I hadn't received anything from the school, and I had been worried that my application had either not gone through or I had been rejected for this coming year. I wanted to check my status. Even though I have faithfully checked both the FASFA and UAH websites since May, they told me nothing. In fact, the UAH website said that no information existed for me. So I called this morning and found out that everything was fine and that I had been sent a letter about it. I never received the letter, so they will be sending me a new one. That takes a huge load off of my mind. How much would it suck to get to my final (yay!) year and not be able to go because I couldn't pay tuition? I'd have to commit hari-kari I think.

Since I already kind of updated my Saturday early Sunday morning, I will only be doing a SUNDAY UPDATE! Woooooooo!

Sunday was about as usual as a Sunday can be, I suppose. I did have one minor issue at church that was embarrassing, but I got it taken care of. : ) I checked the weather before I got dressed that morning and realized that it was going to be too hot to wear just about everything I owned. Not long ago I had bought a sundress, but as it was both strapless and too long on me (but still so cute) I had to do some minor surgery on it before I felt it was appropriate to wear to church. Now, I'm not like circus freak short or anything, but this dress had to be shortened 5 inches for me to wear it. FIVE inches. It was supposed to come to your knees, but it hung somewhere in the area of my calves giving me the unflattering appearance of "cancles". So I shortened it and took the material left over and made straps for the dress because...well...I might have to reach for something or lean over and didn't want to give the folks a free show. OK, so anyways, I wore my dress and walked out of the house feeling pretty cute.

As I got out of the car, I could literally hear the skin on my legs scream for mercy when the sun hit them. I am SO pale! No worries, though, because I was looking cute! I head down to the office and do my secretary thing and before I go up into the service, I take a look in the mirror to make sure that my skirt wasn't tucked into my belt or anything and I realized that the whole back of my bra was showing. I'm not just talking about the straps...I mean, the WHOLE back! I never even thought to look at it while I was at home! I am really not into the whole "Hey! Look at my underwear!" thing. It just seems so trashy and I was really hoping to avoid looking trashy at church. Call me old fashioned. So with several safety pins and self-determination, I became "FASHION McGYVER!" Luckily everything stayed in place until I got home, but it was both uncomfortable and stabby until I was able to change clothes. So if you saw me walking around like I had a book on my head and rods in my arms, that is why. : )

Steve had to run the projection system yesterday and he did a lovely job. He only messed up a couple of times, but it wasn't totally his fault. We went to my parent's house for lunch, and then picked up some books from Steve's dad's house. Miss Rhonda had a LOT of books. She loved to read as much as I do. Mr. Lee said that I should come and get the ones I wanted because he doesn't care to read very much and I think he would be getting rid of them eventually. So I went and almost cleaned the place out. I left a lot of them, but I think I ended up with the majority. It felt kind of perverse going through her things like that, but I didn't want her books to be scattered to the winds. Next up...building the library wing onto the house. :)

No comments: