Monday, July 10, 2006



There is no good reason for me to have posted these pictures except for the fact that I had meant to, once again, post my pictures of the cookout we had on the 4th and I forgot to do it again. These pictures were taken on my last trip to Georgia! Yay for nature!

I'm not going to do a full blown WEEKEND UPDATE this time simply because I don't think I did anything interesting. However, never fear, I will once again give you the Readers Digest Condensed Version of my weekend!

Friday I made myself a new badge lanyard so that I don't have to keep coming up with creative ways of clipping my badge to my shirt. I hate having my badge on my collar. Of course, it doesn't tend to get stuck within my signs that way, but where is the fun in that? My new lanyard is red and silver...very spiffy! I also made some new earrings. I forgot that I had so many different kinds of beads and wires and such. When I get into a new hobby, I tend to stock up on more supplies than I'll ever need. I certainly have more beads than I'll probably ever use. I decided that I would find a use for all seven billion of those beads eventually! Now I have 4 new pairs of earrings that I need to find time to wear. I'm going to have to get a few more peircings before the beads are totally gone. : )

Saturday Steve and I spent the morning doing errands and such. He left to hand out at the SpaceDome with Anthony (I respectfully declined to join them) and I stayed at home to make purses! I'm finally getting the hang of sewing, at least the simpler aspects of it, and I found a pattern for a bag online that wasn't too complicated. I made two of them before I got the hang of it. I gave those to my mom! : ) My mom is the kind of person who has always hung my artwork on the fridge, so bless her, I still give her stuff to hang around. I'm pretty sure she wishes I had turned out to be a micro-biologist! At least anything I gave her would be small. I also have been learning to crochet lace, but that hurts my eyes and my hands too much to get very involved in. Basically it's using a hook about the same size as the end of a toothpick to crochet with sewing thread. It's beautiful (or at least it's supposed to be) when it's finished, but it's almost not worth the trouble!

Sunday Steve was feeling bad, so I went to church and to my parent's house alone. I came back to find Steve still sick. I became alarmed when I realized he had been asleep the whole time I had been gone. I made him get up and sit in the livingroom with me in case he passed out or died. At least I would know if I needed to call 911 if he fell out of his chair and not just think he was asleep in bed! He must have felt pretty rotten because he didn't complain when I wanted to watch a documentary on KV-63 (which I'm totally involved in right now!). I didn't think he cared about mummies, but we both enjoyed watching it. Gah, I wish I was an Egyptolgist! Anyways, he ended up feeling better as the evening wore on, so I didn't have to call an ambulance after all. Yay!

I did have one slight adventure on Saturday night while Steve was gone. I decided that I would go out back to take the dogs some treats and play with the dogs for a few minutes. We don't usually do that because they forget their manners when we are outside and they feel that 65 and 70 pounds of dog isn't too much to pounce onto an unsuspecting person. Also, Bear won't let us cut his nails, so he's got some vicious claws! Anyways, I stepped outside and in my haste to keep the dogs out of the garage, I shut the door behind me...forgetting it locks automatically. So I locked myself out of the house, the dogs are jumping on me, and I can't even get to a phone to call Steve so that he can come and rescue me! So I ended up having to scale the fence, which was hard because stupid me wore flip-flops with 2 inch bottoms outside instead of thinner shoes. Those shoes are not good for wedging my feet into chain link! I finally got over and got the spare key and let myself back in. No harm, no foul! : )

That is all.

No comments: