Monday, July 03, 2006

Now it's time for my WEEKEND UPDATE!

Try and control your bladder... ;)

I didn't accomplish as much as I had hoped this weekend, but I probably would have if I had tried a littler harder!

Friday I got home from work knowing I'd have a few blank hours alone. I decided that I would mow the yard so that it wouldn't have to be done on Saturday. Boy, I was sexy! I pretty much grabbed the first things I could get my hands on to wear while I was out there and I ended up wearing a blue tube top (yes, I own one - stop gagging), a khaki skort that I had originally thought was a pair of shorts (and decided to keep on wearing since I didn't want to waste time searching for the actual shorts) and my pink and gray sneakers with white socks. I'm telling you, there should be a fashion magazine dedicated to what we wear when doing yard work! Anyways, I weed-whacked and I mowed with the riding mower. Except for that evil strip of grass right in front of our house that I can never seem to tame, the yard looks so much nicer than it did! I did accidentally hit a baby bunny with my weed trimmer, but it didn't hurt it. That stupid bunny kept hiding in the grass along my trimming path, so it kept having to run away from me. It finally ended up climbing up the stairs and jumping off of the porch to get away from me. I hope it's not too badly hurt! The rest of the evening was spent playing the Sims 2, which I now have the "Open 4 Business" expansion pack for. I really, really suck at owning an imaginary business! None of the sims I play can ever make any money and people keep getting into fights with each other in the check out lanes. Oh well, it's fun to try anyway. : )

Saturday I had hazy plans to clean and do laundry, per my usual. I did do laundry, but I boycotted cleaning and made bread instead! I found a recipe on the internet that sounded promising and I used the bread machine to make the dough. The only problem I really had was that the directions had the wrong oven temperature written in, so instead of 220 degrees for 20 minutes, I ended up baking it for 220 degrees for an hour and 300 degrees for 10 minutes. The bread didn't burn, believe it or not, but it was really dense. Sigh...Sara Lee I aint!

I also had to get groceries that afternoon. As I was checking out, the cashier got on my ever-loving nerves. I'm sure if I were seventeen, he would have been charming. I also know that he wasn't trying to be annoying, but he apparently hasn't learned when enough talking is just enough talking. He picked up something that had French writing on it and read it out loud. I responded with one of the only French words I know, "Oui." I also know the requisite French curse words, but it was neither the time nor the place to use them. I realized at that moment that if he knew French, he would take that one word and make it the basis of an assumption that I am both fluent in French and want to talk to him in French. Josh does this often...I love him dearly, but it's one of the few things he does that makes me want to sew him into a burlap sack and beat him to death with a rake. I tried to cut him off before he started in on me by telling him I didn't know anymore French, but he was not deterred. He began rattling off something in French. I had to tell him - AGAIN - that I didn't know French. Then he asked, in Spanish, if I knew Spanish. I can understand Spanish a little, I can even respond to that question in Spanish, but that's about it. At this point I wanted to tell this cashier, in English, just where he and the horse he rode in on, could speak their different languages, but I was nice. I just smiled and nodded as he kept on talking about his grandfather who spoke fluent Spanish and about how he's reading Harry Potter in Spanish. It was fascinating, really..., but I wanted to leave. He kept on talking as he handed me the receipt, and I even had to stand there a second as I'm wheeling the cart away so that he can finish telling me about Harry Potter. I finally just said, "You know, you should read Harry Potter in Latin!" Thinking maybe I had finally gotten to a language he DIDN'T know and stop the conversation, but he replied, "Nah, I've had some bad expirences with Latin," (and what that could mean, I have no idea) and besides, all the Latins are dead now!" At that point, he realized what he said, and I walked away while he was trying to explain himself. There are times I wish my mother had not raised me to be so polite to strangers. Maybe I could have thrown a nectarine at him and gotten away sooner.

Saturday night I went to Josh's house for dinner. We watched "Hairspray", we walked through his neighborhood, and we talked about interior design. A good time was had by all. ;)

Sunday was church, of course, with lunch with my family. Papa has bought some goats and one of them had just had a baby. We went down to see it and it was so sweet! It was about the size of a house cat and it was really tame. We petted it and talked to it. A regular petting zoo! Then it was back to church at night and dinner with Grandma and Mr. Lee afterwards.

That is about it!

No comments: