Friday, July 14, 2006

Sigh.

I'm a little blue. Not the I-just-watched-The-Notebook-and-want-to-kill-myself navy blue, but just a delicate shade of Tiffany's box blue that is only noticable in certain light. I'm not even sure why, really. I think it's because I worry about how I come across to people, sometimes. I always worry that I've said the wrong thing or been annoying or something. I always seem to ramble and say odd things or say things that are weird when I don't mean to. I know, I know, I worry too much. I would just hate for someone to just "Be Nice" to me and then complain about me after I'm gone. Oh well, I'm being the only way I know how to be, I guess. If they don't like me...they can bite my left big toe!

I've been busy all morning, which is a change from the way things have been for the past few days. The SpRocket is having a big ho-down for the geezers who designed and built the Saturn V tomorrow and I've had a helluva time trying to get the correct information for some of the stuff I've had to do. I also had to re-do 12 signs I finished last week because I wasn't given a complete list of sponsors for this event when the signs were requested. Sometimes I hate having to do signs for food service. There are a thousand people who have to OK something before it goes into print, but about 95% of the time someone didn't get the memo about it before it's done and I end up having to re-do it. Even making a proof doesn't work because not everyone sees it! Arrrrgh (not the pirate arrgh this time!).

I also had to fix the sign at the "Space Monkey" exhibit. That set up creeps me the heck out! For a long time I thought that the monkey inside the little seat was a real stuffed monkey. I found out that it was just a dummy, but yick... Something about it's face makes me feel weird. I also noticed that the stand for the sign was loose, so I pushed it to fit it back into place and ended up pushing it too hard and slamming it into the nose cone! I do not want to be the one who broke the JUPITER nose cone that took the monkeys into space. It might have survived re-entry, but who knows if it will survive me! : ) Luckily I saw no damage and I left quite quickly. If anyone asks, I was nowhere near it!

No comments: