Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Another really quick note...

I've been giving the charge of decorating the Lobby and SpaceDome Lobby of the SpRocket for the opening of Spider-Man 3. I'm tired, I'm busy, and apparently no one department can decide what is more important for me to work on, so I've been at the museum until after 11:30 for the past two days.

We watched the test run last night (because I'm also going to be ushering during the opening weekend due to the lack of help they have right now) and I was practicing my field-flattener skills. That is a fancy way to say that I am the one who will clear dust chunks off of the movie while it runs. Wow, that art degree is taking me to me moon. : ) Actually, it's kind of fun, but don't tell anyone I told you so.

The movie is great, if a little emo. Lots of crying and self pity. No wonder Spidey wears a black suit during half of the film. I almost expected Toby McGuire to start wearing eyeliner and cutting himself while listening to The Cure. Other than that, it's really good! Come see it in IMAX!

Oh, and as an aside...the fourth "Bless Your Heart" award will be going to Kirsten Dunst for the fact that some very, VERY, heartless person made her sing in this movie. Erm...she's really...uh...unmusical. That, and her weird, vampire teeth are horrifying on a three-story high screen.

Well, back to the salt mines!

No comments: