Monday, May 21, 2007

WEEKEND UPDATE!

FRIDAY: That was payday, so of course that meant I needed to go and spend all of the money I had just been given. : ) Actually, that isn't that hard to do. For some reason, it doesn't matter how much over time I work, my paycheck never seems to go any further than it ever does. Stupid income taxes! Anyways, I had some important stops to make! I had finally gotten around to buying some new blue jeans. I had been putting it off, because I thought, you have a zillion pairs of jeans, why buy new ones? That question was quickly answered when I tried putting on a pair of them Friday morning and my foot went through the leg of them. I don't mean "going through" in the normal sense. I mean, I tried to put them on and my foot went THROUGH the material. Apparently, just because jeans seem normal, it doesn't mean that they aren't going to fall completely apart on you. Thank goodness I wasn't in public when that happened! Yikes. So I finally went through all of my jeans and separated the ones that were too big and too small, and that had holes in them. That left me with one pair. I pretty much live in jeans unless there is a reason for me to dress up, so that wasn't cool. Anyways, I made a quick stop at the GAP. I have now replenished my blue jean stock and can toss aside the worry that I will have to be professional looking if I don't have to. I ran a few other errands and went home to an empty house. I thought Steve was with his dad, but he didn't come home until after midnight. I was worried until I got too sleepy, and then figured I'd find out what happened to him in the morning. I'd totally forgotten that he had volunteered to do some work for a friend of his, and that is where he was the whole time. Geez. I think I'm going to have to lojack Steve so I can remember where he is! Ooooooh, or get a Marauder's Map like Harry Potter had!!

Wow, that came out dorkier than I meant to sound.

SATURDAY: I finally talked Steve into going outside! GO ME! We went to the Habitat for Humanity surplus building supply store, which was awesome. You can find everything in the world you need for houses in there. I had heard about it and wanted to check it out for a while now. A lot of stuff is kind of old, but that's good if you're looking for something with a little more personality than you can find at Lowes or Home Depot. I got a cabinet door. I didn't need one, but it was a nice shape and I figured I'd make something artsy out of it. : ) Steve took me to A&W for lunch, because I had never been to one before. The food was good, the cheese curds were excellent, and the root beer was omnipresent. We also went to a thrift store called "Thrift Store". Isn't that clever? It's a place crammed floor to ceiling with junk, but the prices were outrageous. It was like these people got "junk" and "Antiques" confused. Seriously, no wonder they have so much crap in that store. I'm sure that they can't sell most of it at what they were charging! Plus the family that owns it lets their small kids run all over the place, and that is not only annoying, it's dangerous. Literally, one false step and you can get buried in a pile of Ziggy dolls and Branson, Missouri souvenir glasses. We didn't stick around long. Steve had plans for that evening, so we went home then and I fell into what I can only assume is a root beer induced coma. I don't remember how long I slept, but as soon as I got up, I took a shower, got dressed up, fixed my hair and THEN remembered that I didn't have anything to do. That was really weird. Oh well, I looked awful cute in case a Jehovah's Witness came by (they are becoming numerous on our street.) I finally settled on finishing a painting I had been working on. Don't be too impressed, it was a new fangled type of paint by numbers thing...however, I did make it my own. : ) I didn't want to watch TV and I didn't want to play The Sims 2 anymore (I'd already accidentally killed one lady and then purposefully killed another because I accidentally added her to the family I was playing. 2 Deaths are usually my stopping point.) so I went and got something to eat and listened to my Harry Potter audio novel. I'm trying to get caught up again before the next book comes out so that I don't get confused. I can't believe there is so much I didn't remember! I also can't believe that I'm 29 and so engrossed in a book about magic school children. I wound up getting yet another migraine and having to go to bed before Steve came home. God bless my cherry pit heated thing.

SUNDAY: Sunday was the normal, of course. At the morning services they did the graduate appreciation thing, which was really nice. Not only was I the oldest graduate, but the only liberal arts major! Yay! I'm hoping that means we are both rare and precious. Over to my parent's house for lunch and then night services. We had dinner with Mr. Lee and then home again. We got to watch the newest episode of Dr. Who, which was kind of freaky, but it was good. I think it was their attempt a "real time" or some such thing because they were keeping time. If that was tense, I don't think I'd make it a whole season of 24. I also got to experience another fun withdrawal side effect of the Zoloft. Musical emotions. I'll be really glad when all I of this is over, and so will Steve, I'm sure. I never knew I could go from happy to tears in 2.7 seconds. Lots of fun, that. :P

No comments: