Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Well, I picked a bad day to take a day off from the SpRocket! The Bus Barn burned down yesterday, and I mean, it burned DOWN. They are going to have to destroy it and build another shop. Don’t let the name fool you; the bus barn was more than just a place where they parked busses. They did all kinds of construction for exhibits and things down there. I’ve been down there to add decals to missiles and cars and (horrors within horrors) some of our artifacts were stored upstairs. Artifacts, as in, irreplaceable paintings and/or watercolors by pre-cold war Russian artists who have sense gone on to the great beyond. Gah! It makes me want to vomit. Other than that, I’m glad no one got hurt and that the fuel pumps were deactivated when the fire started. I’m also glad that even if there had been a missile down there being restored, it would have been deexplosivetated. Can you imagine accidentally launching one of our Russian missiles at Redstone Arsenal accidentally? Schnikes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a tragedy!