Monday, May 28, 2007

BLOGGED ALONG THE WAY: What I did during my Memorial Day Weekend Part 2

SATURDAY

I found out early Saturday morning that I'm not the only resident of CrazyTown when I am woken suddenly. Steve woke me up and apologized for making me mad in a dream he had. Now, either he was still not lucid enough to realize that was weird, or I have such a bad temper that even when he dreams of doing stuff that makes me mad that he feels he needs to apologize! I hope it's not the latter. We finally went back to sleep. I awoke again with a strong and certain feeling that something was wrong back at home, but I never figured out if it was a dream, or if it was CrazyTown for me too. Then we all got up and got ready, and Grandma fed us up with a big breakfast. She wouldn't let us not eat everything, so by the time we left for the reunion, we were stuffed and sleepy.

We arrived at a big house, which we weren't sure was the right one until on of Mr. Lee's cousins came outside, and piled inside. Steve was helping his dad unload stuff and Grandma had run off, so I was stuck inside holding cantaloupe and cake and looking fairly silly until someone told me where to set it down. The Pratt family has a lot of nice people in it. I had met a few of them before, but not many. It was pouring down rain almost the whole time we were there, but it wasn't too bad. Even though I enjoyed the reunion as much as I could, I still don't understand why a bunch of people who don't know each other want to get together and eat just because they are related. Weird.

Anyways, that took up most of our day. We came back through Conroe and made a few stops on the way home. When we got back to Grandma's house, Steve had finally found a wireless signal that we could jump on and I was able to check my work e-mail. I got a message from the VP of my department that made me furious. I'm sure if I explained what it was, it would just sound silly to anyone else, but let me tell you, I was so mad I was almost cross eyed. Let's just say that I had offered to help during an event for the SpRocket, and the people in charge of that event took my offer to help and made it into something I would never have agreed to do because it is not only embarrassing personally, but basically picked me out from everyone else in my department who is working this event and would make me look like a complete ass. I was livid. After that, I had to go to bed because I wasn't quite to the point where I could trust myself to answer that e-mail and not get fired. I did finally figure out a way to answer the e-mail and tell her that I was still willing to help, but that I didn't want to do the thing that would be so embarrassing. I'm hoping it isn't something that she is going to make me do anyways. I'll be pissed.


SUNDAY

Sunday morning we awoke and left Conroe, stopping briefly to have breakfast. I was plugged back into my iPod, and it's amazing how fast time flies when you have your mind on other things. I also had taken some medicine for my cold that made me sleepy, so I was going in and out of consciousness until we stopped in Hattiesburg, MS to stay the night. We can make the trip in one day, but we had brought Grandma with us, and I don't think she would have been able to stand it. We had dinner, and when we got back to the hotel, I got comfortable and planned on watching a Monk marathon on USA. Unfortunately, I was more tired than I thought, and I wound up falling asleep and not waking up until morning!

****ASIDE**** I kept having this dream during our trip that was so frustrating! I would go to this restaurant, the same one each time, and placing my order with the guy in the kitchen. Every single time, he would forget my order and I wouldn't have anything to eat. When I'd tell him, without being rude or angry, that he had forgotten about me, the cook would jump all over me and tell me that he was busy and couldn't be asked to think about me when he had all of this other stuff to do! I'm sure that dream is meaningful, but I have no idea what it means! ****END ASIDE****

MONDAY

Monday we did nothing but drive and come home. That is where I am now, and I'm so glad. Be it ever so humble, and all that jazz.

No comments: