Thursday, May 03, 2007

I feel. Like someone. Has beaten me. With a stick.

Sorry for the Capt. Kirk-ness of that, but were I to say that out loud, that is what it would sound like.

I mentioned before that I was decorating the lobby of the SpaceDome for Spidey 3, right? Well, I was back at it last night, and again I worked until 11:00. Do you want to know what I was doing? I was building a 2o' spider web out of raffia. I don't think it could have taken longer if I had to literally learn to spin the silk from my own body. I also had to hang it by myself. Where, you may ask? It is now spanning the balcony opening above the lobby.

I'm not one to look for compliments, normally, but if at least one of my superiors doesn't wet themselves out of sheer delight at the feat of acrobatics it took for me to get the danged thing up there...I'll put strychnine in the guacamole.

I also got to open the sacred display case and drape our "Limited Edition, Movie Reproduction, Accurate to the Nth Degree Darth Vadar Costume" with spider webs.

There will be pictures. Oh yes. There will be pictures.

As for right now, my boss has given me some comp time for working so late, so I don't have to go in until 10:30 this morning. I'm still not done with the lobby, but at least I can have a break from it for a couple of hours. : )

No comments: