Monday, May 21, 2007





Ruh-ro. I accidentally ate one that I didn't have a picture of! OH NOES!

No problem. I'll be right back with one I will rip off from the official site.

*Girl from Impanema plays softly while you wait*

I love this one's name...

Coffee Feather: Rich coffee-infused chocolate ganache in a smooth milk chocolate shell.

OK, first off, shut up. I know this picture quality is better than the ones I have been posting. However, my pics have more personality (i.e. Eric) and I will continue to use those. Unless, of course, I get lazy. Sometimes that happens.

This one was one of the ganache (holy moley) family, so I knew it would be good. It also did not break the I-Can-Smell-The-Filling rule and smell too much like coffee, so that was also a plus in it's favor. I tried to eat the feather off of the top first, but all I managed to do was squash the whole thing into many, many pieces in the process. However, the sum of the parts wound up to be pretty much precisely what the whole one would have been, except for now I had many bits of mocha goodness to enjoy.

I must confess, I ate this one really fast, so I can't give a completely detailed explanation of the way it tasted. I know it was good, because well after it was gone I was still licking my fingers in hope some small bit was still clinging to them. Alas, however, it was gone. I don't remember tasting much coffee, but I think it was just a nice combination of the two which didn't cause one flavor to overwhelm the other. There was a weird grainy feeling to the filling, which might have just been more because of the chocolate bloom than anything, but it didn't take away from my frantic attack on it, so no problem there.

I'm thinking if the world could sit around a plate of these in the morning instead of real coffee, world peace wouldn't be so far fetched. I'm just sayin...

No comments: