Thursday, May 24, 2007





This is technically a double feature, but since it isn't the weekend yet, I didn't feel it was appropriate to use the other banner!

Milk Lion of Belgium: Flowing butterscotch caramel in a milk chocolate shell.

The name kind of sounds like some weird musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber, don't you think?

Okay, although Godiva calls this the "Milk Lion of Belgium" I choose to call it "Griffindor Chocolate" for obvious reasons. If you don't know what those reasons are, you will be dead to me.

This one was so nice. I'm almost beginning to think that milk chocolate is too sweet for me these days, but once I got past the shell, the buttery, kind of almost salty, caramel in the middle balanced it out. If the word "golden" had a taste, this would be it. It was also the liquidy, flowy kind of caramel that I like rather than the teeth breaking, filling removing kind that sometimes sneaks up on you. I kind of squashed this one while eating it like I did to the one the other day, but I'm beginning to think it's just that the chocolate shell is very crisp and not squishy, which is good, so I won't complain.

Now, for the other review I had a guest taster to help me out. Why is this, you may be asking yourself. As you all know, I generally don't share chocolate unless I have planned it well in advance. There is none of that letting someone reach in and grab whatever they want, especially when it's Godiva. I will also not share with someone whom I don't think would appreciate the chocolate as an experience. Hence, Steve very rarely ever gets my chocolates, even though he always asks. Don't feel sorry for him, he refuses to taste anything he eats, he simply eats so he won't die. So, generally, he is not worthy. However, as with most things in life, there is an exception. I do not like white chocolate. I do not like it because white chocolate is not real chocolate, but rather what is left when they take all of the good stuff out of chocolate. I'm not kidding. Also, it's too milky for me. I will eat it occasionally, but I don't make it a point to do so. So when he asked (again) if he could have one of them, I told him he could eat the white chocolate ones as long as he described them for my YCOTD entry. He agreed. My picture of the chocolate he ate didn't turn out clear enough, so I'm once again ripping it from the site. You don't have to wait this time, though, because I got it before I started writing! So without further ado, and verbatim from Steve...

White Praline Heart: Our signature creamy-smooth praline in a white chocolate shell.

Mmmm. Good.

No comments: