Sunday, May 20, 2007


Yeah, I did it.


OK, so I can't give you a good reason why I chose yesterday to flake out and not post my chocolate. I mean, I ate the chocolate, and then wondered around wondering why I was so bored. Could I have stopped and wrote about the thing? Yes. Did I? Not so much. However, with my nifty new banner, I shall rectify this situation!

Midnight Swirl: Velvity ganache made with 85% chocolate in a deep, dark chocolate shell.

Just in case your wondering why the chocolate looks kind of ashy, I can explain. When chocolate gets hot and then cools off, it gets something called "bloom". That does not mean that it has any flora growing on it (even though I'd probably still eat it). It just means that the sugar inside the chocolate melted and then crystalized again. It doesn't make the chocolate taste any different, but it takes the shiny away. No harm, no foul. I guess the chocolates got hot in my car on the way home from graduation and then I put them in the fridge. However, the bloomage doesn't bother me. Just wanted to let you know that they aren't getting dusty!

But I digress.

I can sum this one up very quickly. Ganache: French for...holy moley. This was so good. See, dark chocolate is my favorite, so when I got this one out, I had to get into my chocolate eating position of sitting back on the puffy couch, putting my feet on the coffee table, and turning off the TV. It was sooooooooooooooo good. I've decided that whenever I get my christmas wish of Josh Groban holding my hand, singing to me and feeding me chocolates under the Christmas tree, there will be a lot of these in the box.




Open Oyster: A rich bounty of our signature hazelnut praline revealed between milk chocolate shells.

These are so cute. I almost hate to eat this one because it has too much of a personality. Come on, can't you see it? OK, I'll help you out:

I would name him Eric.


However, personality or not, Eric will not escape from my obscene love of chocolate, plus my obscene love for ocean themed stuff. I'm going to take his advice.

Although the shells are a little sweet, the inside stuff is wuuuuuuuuuuuunderful. I'd like to eat this one more like an oreo, if I ate oreos that is.

Of course, now that I've named it, I feel kind of weird eating it. Dang it. I just ate Eric.
And I liked it. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!

No comments: