Friday, May 09, 2008

Not to be all conceited, but I made the best brownies the other day!

It all started when I ordered a set of sugar grinders called Cape Herb Seven Deadly Sins. Some of the bottles came with a little recipe book attached to the lid, and the one that caught my eye (of course) was the one for brownies. The brownies use the "wrath" flavor of sugar, which is basically a mix of sugar, chocolate and chilies. I got all of the stuff, basically sweat blood while trying to convert the metric measurements into something that made sense to me, and I made the brownies!

They have dark chocolate, chunks of white chocolate, wrath sugar, and pecans. They are so good! The only problem is that the chilies have a long burn, but it isn't painful. I made them in my corners pan so that every piece was crunchy around the edges! Yummers.

I call these: Wrath of Pecan Brownies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love to see you using that pan. I would like to try something like that sometime, maybe starting out with just a little cayenne.

Anonymous said...

I love choclate with chiles.. I've tried a number of things with those ingredients. But pun is bad, You need to mail me brownies to make up for it. Nom.

Anonymous said...

I think the pun is wonderful. So send ME the brownies.