Wednesday, May 07, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Should I be proud of being able to fix a sign? The answer is yes! HAHAHAHA!
OK, don't pity me. It was a really messed up sign that I spent a few hours scraping paint off of and sanding down so it could be repainted. I'm kind of afraid that the paint flakes I managed to inhale might have been toxic, but hey...who doesn't like to hallucinate every once in a while?

2) I finally finished the baby gift I was making for my friend's new baby. I still have to finish the couple's wedding gift too. Well, the gift itself is done, but I need to get it framed. Don't think I'm that big of a procrastinator, though, they've only been married a little over a year. It's still perfectly acceptable to send wedding gifts this late! I also have to ship them to France, so it's going to get there eventually. I've also got to send a late birthday gift I made to another friend out of state. That very hip lady's birthday was in March, but I've been debating whether or not to give her what I made. I still feel kind of silly giving people handmade things. I could be as talented as Michelangelo and I'd probably still feel cheesy giving things I made. Oh well, I've got a degree saying I'm crafty and talented, so I'll get over it one of these days.

3) I want to go see Iron Man. That isn't usually my kind of movie, but a guy I work with had a pirated copy and I got to see the first ten minutes or so. I laughed for about five of those minutes, and the simple bad-assery of the rest has piqued my interest. I'll let you know later how I felt about the rest of it. :)

4) I think Steve and I inadvertently planted salvia in our garden. We planted it mainly because it was a perennial and Steve thought it was pretty, not because we planned on smoking any of it later. However, now that I know what it can do, I'll use it to induce my shamanic visions. It's got to work better than peyote if the Aztecs liked it. I just hope I don't wind up in prison for sacrificing any neighbors to the sun god. I'm kidding, kidding. Peyote works just fine. ;)

No comments: