Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Wow, I think Steve is a much better person than I'll ever be.

Think, for a moment, about your job. Some of you enjoy what you do and some of you don't, but regardless, just take a minute to think about what you do for a living. Now imagine that everywhere you go, wherever you think you'll have a moment of relaxation, someone comes over to you and starts asking questions that pertain to your job.

I suppose we all get this occasionally no matter what we do for a living. I get requests for signs and graphics from friends and family every once in a while. If I can do it, I usually do, but mainly because it isn't everyday that someone out in the general public needs graphics work done. However, poor Steve is a computer guy. No matter where we go, where we visit, or who we talk to, they begin to pester him about computers. Granted, he's great at his job and that is why people want him to help, but good Lord. He can't even go to church without people wanting him to look at something computer related! I imagine that is kind of what a doctor feels like when they go among us civilians..."Hey Doctor...it hurts when I do this." That translates into "I don't want to pay anyone to do this for me, so I'm going to ask you because I know you'll fix it for me for free and without making me wait in line!" However, he never complains. His dad even called one night and made me wake him up so that he could walk him through some kind of computer problem, and he never said a word about it. That is what I mean about him being a better person than I am. I want to help people when I can, and I always will, but if I was asked to make signs everywhere I went, I'm afraid I'd start saying some rather hurtful things to people I otherwise like a great deal.. I guess I just get irritated on his behalf, I don't know.

Anyways, Go Steve! Way to be...um...unresponsive on an emotional level to things that would drive the rest of us insane!!

1 comment:

Kenny said...

This is also why I'm not a lawyer -- where you're always hated or questioned for advice. I don't own a pickup truck for similar reasons.

"Can you help me move this weekend?"

"No."