Friday, May 23, 2008

You know what I've been doing? I've been building a dragon!

As I said before, I am going to be decorating the IMAX lobby for the showing of Kung Fu Panda. I actually had a lot of great ideas, but it seems that every time I start working on them, someone gives me a new task. I honestly believe that don't realize I'm working on something "Work Related" and so they ask me to do something else so I don't get in trouble! It's becoming very frustrating, especially since I don't have much time to do the things I've been planning, so every day I have to cut a bit more off of my plan.

I did research on Chinese gardens and built a foam-core friendship bridge, but I haven't had time to finish everything I need for it. I've also built two trees, but I've had to resort to enlarging clip art (oy vey) to make sure that I have a quick and dirty back up plan in case I can't finish everything I want to do. I'm going to be at work on Monday, so maybe with most of the full time people off for the holiday, I can get a few things done. I've spoiled these people by being competent at my job, so they all ask for things at the last minute. Boo!

As for the dragon, if it works out the way I think it will, it will be truly awesome. My mom actually gave me the idea because she is fascinated by the papercraft models that I have done in the past. She told me that I should build a paper panda. Since the panda on the papercraft website isn't the one from the movie, I decided to make a luck dragon instead. I downloaded the template, blew it up to 5 times its original size, and have been working on putting it together. I've never worked on a papercraft model this big before. Unfortunately, I ran out of paper before I could print out all of the pieces, so hopefully the new shipment will come in before opening night! Here is the original version of what I'm doing: Canon 3D Papercraft Dragon. Now, imagine that about 5 feet long and three feet high! I'm so excited! I hope I'm able to finish it.

I have another kind of paper that I'm going to use to print out another model, so hopefully I will at least have a couple of really awesome things in the lobby, even if I don't have the time to make them from scratch. I love my job!

2 comments:

Kenny said...

Cool dragon!

Anonymous said...

::squee::