Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Hola, Y'all! I hope everyone had a magnificent Thanksgiving day full of family and food. I was up cooking all morning, but it was a lot of fun and totally worth it when we all sat down to eat. I was glad to have family around, but I really missed my dad today.

After dinner, I sat down to look out of the window at the leaves falling around my aunt's house and ended up waking up a couple of hours later. Apparently I just sort of fell out. The tryptophan apparently dumped into my blood all at once. Good thing I was clutching my video camera where no one could get it! I've become the unwelcome videographer at these family get togethers and if Steve could have gotten a hold of my camera, I would have become a part of the video itself. I always feel better if I am not actually seen on film. I don't photograph well. That's just how I roll. : )

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to sit up a bit more and listen to everyone play cards or if I want to go to bed. It's been a good day.

One of my little cousins told me what her family was thankful for and she said her dad was thanksful for "Football and Jesus." Hopefully not in that order, of course. Heeheehee.

Some of the family may be going shopping tomorrow, but I'm not going to go with them. Shopping the day after thanksgiving scares me. If I do leave the house, I'm going to places very, very close by. The last thing I need is for someone to beat me over the head so that I don't grab the last holiday barbie or whatever is popular this year!

No comments: