Wednesday, November 07, 2007

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1)Last Saturday, we had some staff giving out information about Space Camp at the Alabama/LSU game. One of the things they had at the info booth was an astronaut helmet with the "A" on each side to make it look like the football helmets. Technically I know the dumb Alabama helmets have numbers on each side, but don't even get me started on that!

Anyways, some lovely University of Alabama students stole our helmet! On the pretext of having a picture made by some landmark or other, they took the helmet and did not return it. If you happen to see it, could you please beat the students with your shoe and remind them that stealing is a BAD thing?

2)My Japanese candy came yesterday! Woo-Hoo!
Unfortunately, the box came crammed with candy, but no packing list. Every one of the packages were, of course, in Japanese. Except for the packages with Engrish on them, I had no idea what kind of candy was in the pouches! I had to find my order form and make uninformed guesses as to what I was tasting. Steve also taste tested these with me, so I think between us both and a little internet surfage, we figured out what we got.


This is something called Mikakuto Juntsuyu, which is also called "Pure Mist" candy. It's like little hard pieces of love and happiness. There are two different flavors in the package. The lighter ones taste a little like cotton candy or slightly caramelized sugar. The darker ones taste like sweet tea. I'm not kidding. A sweet tea hard candy! If love had a taste, and it wasn't chocolate, it would taste like these things! They are the perfect size and they seem to last forever. My only problem with these is that you can't seem to buy them anywhere in the United States, not even from Japanese grocers. It would happen that my favorite of the whole lot is the one that I can't get unless I order it from Japan. BOO! Another proof that I always want what I can't have. : )

There was a great deal more taste testing, but I'm going to stretch it out so I have something to talk about later.

3) I have been having the weirdest dreams lately. The other night I dreamed that William Shatner tried to kill me. I don't even know why! Certainly I didn't do anything to him that I know of. Luckily, Steve saved me and killed Shatner in the process. I wasn't sure whether or not to be pissed or greatful. I also had that weird dream about the wedding again. It was the one where I'm serving cake at the reception and I cut my heart out and stick it to the table with the cake knife. I even did a drawing of it. Behold, my first dream inspired work of art. : )

I fear my subconcious!

No comments: