Monday, November 26, 2007

Well, I'm back home from Georgia, where I had Thanksmas with the family and I'm back at work after a two week hiatus. It was really nice not to have to go to work and to do other things that I wanted to do, but I realized if I didn't work outside of the home I'd probably go insane. Even I can only take so much of my own company, I guess. : )

We always celebrate both Thanksgiving and Christmas with the Georgia family while we are out that way. After a day of much food on Thursday, we had another evening of yumminess and togetherness at Greg and Kristin's house. I ate so much I thought I would explode, plus there was a chocolate fountain with all sorts of things to dip in it for dessert. I am quite surprised I didn't go into a diabetic coma, but it would have been worth it! HAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAA! I got a lot of it on tape, of course, so I'll be able to revisit it as soon as I find my camera again. Steve happened to get me on tape before I covered my head with a box lid, but luckily for me I can edit the sucker.

Good times, noodle salad.

This morning I had to go through the silly HR mess again to re-establish my employ here at the SpRocket. I'll give them some credit, at least they have kind of streamlined the process for those of us who are returning employees. We used to have to completely redo all of our paperwork from soup to nuts. Now we only have to fill out a few things that might have actually changed since the last time we did the paperwork. My only peeve this morning was that I was asked if I had my drivers license and social security card with me. I don't carry around my social security card for obvious reasons, but I know for a fact that they have it on file. I mean, I've worked here for the past 5 years or more! I know the number exists over there! Alas, I still must get the card from its safety box so that they can reaffirm that I am who I say I am, I guess. Grrrrrrrrr.

No comments: