Friday, November 09, 2007

YES, CHEWING!

I hope you aren't tired of hearing my adventures with the Japanese candy I got, because I'm not even close to being done with telling you about it yet! Granted, it IS just candy, but it's weird candy. This information should be shared!

Over the past couple of days, I've been trying out the gum that I ordered. You'd think that gum is just that - gum. However, I don't think this is the case in this situation.

This gum is just funny. I have seen it on websites like ThinkGeek.com and such. It's got caffine or something in it, so chewing it is supposed to give you a boost. I don't know about it being caffinated, but it tastes like a strong mentholated cough drop in chewing gum form. Blech. When you get the first good taste of it, the menthol or whatever it is, mae it feel like someone is hammering a large icicle into your nose. It's also an appetizing gray color. However, as I've already told someone, it traveled across the world to get to me, so I'm going to darn well chew it! My favorite part is the packaging, though. I have no idea what the rest of the lable says, but the words "Yes, Chewing!" make me laugh. : )

This gum is supposed to taste like apples. It doesn't. It smells heavenly, though. When you open the package, it smells exactly like red delicious apples. When you chew it, however, it tastes almost exactly like the Black Black gum. Plus, it's also gray, which does nothing to help matters. Pleh.


This gum had a funny name, so I got it as well. I don't know what I was expecting, but these tasted like Pledge flavored Chickletts. They weren't as bad as the Xylish apple flavored gum, and they weren't gray, but they weren't kiwi flavored, I do know that. Of course, it says it's "Magic Kiwi" so maybe I've just never eaten a "Magic Kiwi" before. Meh.

Believe it or not, this gum was actually good. It was freaking sour, but good all the same. It's flavor is something like lime and yuzu (some kind of lemon or something) so it's very citrusy. It made my face pucker up, though. It's got some kind of goo in the middle that squirts out when you bite it, so it is a surprise.

So, there you go. Most Japanese gum sucks.

No comments: