Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I SWEAR, IT'LL ALL MAKE SENSE BY THE END OF THE POST...

I didn't date much in school.

I'm not saying that I never dated at all, but I wasn't exactly the kind of girl who's dad had to polish his fire arm collection in the living room while interviewing a string of beaux who were over to ask me out. In fact, from junior high to my first year of college, I only dated 6 guys total.

Wow, I just died a little on the inside when I typed that.

Anyway...I said all of that to basically say, I had a lot of time on my hands. Of course, I could have just said "I had a lot of time on my hands," but I thought that was a much better way to begin this post. Don't judge me.

Ahem. With so much time on my hands, I did the only thing I could think of that didn't involve crime, illegal substances, or going outside. I was a reader. I read anything and everything I could get my hands on, and I somehow found myself in possession of several then-age-appropriate, but in retrospect very, verrrrrrrrrrrrry crappy books written expressly for girls my age. I had really completely forgotten about them until I stumbled upon this website: The Dairi Burger. This site is a riot. The writer seems like the type of person who I would love to go to the mall and sit in the food court and make fun of people's clothes with. Granted, some of you guys may not be able to relate to what she is talking about, but if you've ever read a Sweet Valley High book or any other YA series geared expressly towards girls who are only interested in lip gloss and boys, you'll like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better come back to life.

From junior high to my first year of college I dated one (1) guy. And not like that whole time, either.

Feel better about yourself now? :-)

Anonymous said...

I am sending the url of that site to myself at my work email so I can read it tomorrow. I'm so pleased to see they have a Sweet Valley High section. My bff in elementary school (so not exactly "forever" I guess) and I used to write SVH stories with ourselves in them...